Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes when adding/removing tracks from playlist

Solved!

Spotify crashes when adding/removing tracks from playlist

So I'm listening to a Radio, a song comes up that I want to add to a playlist, I click on teh album art and select add to playlist select the playlist then BAM music stops, dissapears. I'm rocking a W7 with plenty of memory (8core) NO reason for it to crash.

Also went to play Que to add the song Still crashes

If you can help it would be appreciated cause I'm getting angry.

[Edit - Title for clarity - Mod]

601 Replies

Again...

How can we send you the crash log?.....

For people who don't know where you can find the .dmp file.

And do not restart Spotify before you copy the files or else they are gone.

First u have to go to:

Configurationscreen>folder options and show hidden files and folders.

Then you can find the .dmp file here:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Spotify

Now if a moderator can tell how to send the files to them would be great..

I have no idea why but i went hunting through my windows event logs. 

It was a mess so i cleared out all my loges so i could create a new instance of this issue.

Now i cant recreate it its running fine???????

Ok Now it is still happening on deleteing tracks from playlists.

It will not create a Windows Log because for some reason it doesnt glitch off.

It is almost as i hit the quit spotify button it turns off cleanly. 

Hope that information helps!!!

Hey,

I just wanted to point out I checked my logs and I have no errors or any event for Spotify closing.  It works fine when I start and then for some time after.  What blows me away is so many people have the problem, and no idea what it is? 

I cannot not pin point a spot when something changes in the program which causes it to close with the playlist edit

This is happening to me too.  Trying to add songs to playlists from radio crashes Spotify.  How do I send Spotify my dmp file?

Windows 7 64bit

Version 0.9.1.57.ge7405149

@Ahuatamahal wrote:

This is happening to me too.  Trying to add songs to playlists from radio crashes Spotify.  How do I send Spotify my dmp file?

It doesn't matter if you send them the dmp file.  Obviously no one at Spotify is focused on this issue anyway with a 29 page thread that is a couple of weeks old.

Don't waste your time uninstalling and reinstalling either.

Guess what? Happens to me too!

Problem isn't platform specific, happens consistently on both my Macbook Air (OSX Mtn Lion) and my Windows desktop (Win7 x64).

For extra fun, the app will crash even if someone else adds a track to a shared playlist. Doesn't have to be me adding/deleting. Good times!

So I'm running tests to see what can cause this.  Before I went to lunch, I closed spotify and then opened it again and left.  I had no songs playing just had it open.  I have been gone about an hour and I added and deleted a song with no problems.

No I have started playing a song, I'm going to try to add or remove a song after each song I play to try to track the time.  I report any updates I find.

I have the same problem windows 7 64 bit yep every track when i drag the song in the playlist

yep same here win7 64

In my case I am crashing when deleting something from playlist

doesn't happen all the time, for instance if I reopen I can always delete the track without a problem,

but once I play a track in the playlist it seems to almost always crash if I delete one (doesn;t have to be the one that's playing)

So I'm running tests to see what can cause this.  Before I went to lunch, I closed spotify and then opened it again and left.  I had no songs playing just had it open.  I have been gone about an hour and I added and deleted a song with no problems.

No I have started playing a song, I'm going to try to add or remove a song after each song I play to try to track the time.  I report any updates I find.

EDIT:

I left it playing songs for 15 min and tried to add a song and BAM closed, NO errors in my logs.  I am going to try to run this in forced admin and see how that works out.

Edit 2:

After starting it with forced Admin, 15 min of playing I tried to add song to a playlist and BOOM closed.  I'm going to try looping the same song over and over, wait 15 min and then try to add a song.  At this point I'm just trying anything to get some facts down.

Same problem on MAC Pro 10.6.8

Same problem on my MacBook Pro running 10.8.4. In general, I can delete one track after Spotify restarts, and then the next one crashes the client. I had a period of about 10 minutes when things went back to normal, but sadly, it didn't last.

Why is this marked as "solved" on the first post? Is there a solution?

Why is this marked as solved? The "go to solution" link just refers you to a another post about the problem on page 29.

are you kidding me :C

Been really frustrated with this issue for a while.  Tried reaching out to spotify IT on twitter as well, but not getting much help there either.  

TEMPORARY WORKAROUND: As of yet i have not had the program crash if i'm adding/deleting a track while there is no music playing.  Anyone else tried this?

Where are the mods on this issue?  This is a pretty big bug and doesn't seem to be properly addressed...

@Skumberg wrote:

Crashing pretty consistently on Win7 when deleting a song from a playlist or adding a song to a playlist. Nothing in the event viewer so I can't help you there. It just crashed a minute ago when I tried to add a song to a playlist and the last event in the event log is from three days ago so that's not a reliable source of crash reports.

Version: 0.9.1.57ge7405149

The same exact problem with the same exact version is happening for me. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit. This is a new problem. It hasn't happened before.

I've tried the "stop music before deleting" workaround five times now. The first three worked; the fourth and fifth crashed. 😞

The OP says this issue is solved, which is false. This has NOT been resolved yet.

I've tried reinstalling and it still crashes.  It gets really irritating since that is why we pay for the service.

"Go to solution" my ass. This problem is definitely not solved at all, I have had spotify crash on me multiple times today due to this exact issue and none of the workarounds have helped at all. And the fact that workarounds are even being discussed for a service which costs $120 a year is ridiculous.

Unfrotunately, it seems this is going to be yet another example of Spotify's dog **bleep** customer service.  It'd be nice to just once get a real response out of them.  But no, instead they've once again been zero help, and we just have to sit here and hope that maybe they'll fix this **bleep** with the next update.

But of course they won't fix it.  Instead they'll use the next update to add more useless features which only bloat the program further and cause even more bugs to pop up.  Simpler is better, spotify. Get that through your thick skulls and start giving the customers what we actually want instead of what you think we need. 

I'm not updating my premium account if I don't see this being fixed, I'm paying to get at least some attention from Spotify but they don't give an f, the player is unbearable now, bugs and this sudden crashing....

Suggested posts