Spotify crashes when adding/removing tracks from playlist

Solved!

Re: Spotify Crashes when Adding music to Playlist from Radio

Ellvisa

I've had the same issue since yesterday. Can't add a song without crasching and the same happens when I want to delete a track from the playlist.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Quick update, if any of you could post some crash logs for us it'd be a big help. 

If you're using Windows click for a guide. 

If you're on Mac, open Terminal and copy this in and hit Enter: /Applications/Spotify.app/Contents/MacOS/Spotify

Thanks again!

crjstl
Casual Listener
I followed the Windows guide for Vista precisely but didn't find any errors in the last few days with a source named "Application." But it did crash on me twice while adding songs to a playlist.

oriol1992
Music Fan

Hi, I'm having the same issue here and it's annoying, the web player works but I mean, I'm not paying to get this....

kefirmund

Hello, I am also having the exact same issue. Started yesterday or so, crashes almost everytime i either add a song or remove a song from a playlist. 

EDIT : I've tried to check the even viewer for a crash msg but i can't find anything related to spotify in there.

user-removed
Not applicable

Same issue here. Spotify 0.9.1.57.ge7405149 on Mac OS X 10.8.4

Sounds like it is happening to everyone regardless of OS though... so sounds like you released busted code. Definitely not a random issue.

Re: Spotify crashes when I delete tracks from a playlist

SaltyTurtle
Music Fan

I'm also experiencing this issue. Reinstalling/clearing cache didn't work for me, either. I also will crash ocassionally when searching for a song and adding a track to a playlist directly from the search results. I crash more often deleting tracks, however. I'm on Windows 7 x64, and this problem is consistant enough that it's extremely frustrating.

orbartgirl

My boyfriend and I are having same issue. Knocks you off when you add song to playlist. Started 9/12/13 and still happening. When you get back on Spotify it paused the song where it kicked off and did not add to playlist.

monkbucket
Casual Listener

I think I just generated the log file you want on my mac, but it seems to be encrypted. Unless I know what's leaving my computer in the report, i'm not comfortable sharing that file.

daybowbow
Music Fan

Meredith, I'm on a Mac and tried running Spotify through Terminal  but nothing was logged in the terminal to copy.. Can a log of the crash be found in Console somewhere?

SUGGESTED POSTS