Premium

Country

United States

Device

Computer

Operating System

Windows 10

My Issue

Spotify for Windows (version 1.1.94.870.gf994cb0b) has stopped syncing all player status to other devices and to the APIs. This has broken my ability to move playing status from my desktop to my phone, use scrobbles with last.fm, and has stopped syncing my Discord status.

Spotify_V3iJW8s7Yv.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @redseal9,

Thanks for your reply.

We can confirm that our tech team are currently looking into this, so make sure to add your vote by clicking on the Thumbs up icon to the Ongoing Issue here, if you haven't already.  Make sure to provide us with the info we're asking for in the Status update in the comments. 

Though we can't set an exact time frame for when this will be fixed, it'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. We'll be sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @redseal9,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Were you able to replicate this with a different account and a different internet connection? If you're using a VPN, turn it off. Does this happen on a different desktop PC as well?

What other troubleshooting steps did you try?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi Dian,

I do not have a second account, so I wasn't able to test with that.  I was able to replicate it after a short time on a different machine on a different network though and found out that it was able to detect my phone playing music for a short time before the issue cropped up again.

I have done a complete reinstall of Spotify on my desktop, along with rebooting the computer multiple times and found that it still has not found my phone or laptop as devices to connect to, and still has not been publishing API data about currently playing songs or detected devices.

Marked as solution

Hey @redseal9,

Thanks for your reply.

We can confirm that our tech team are currently looking into this, so make sure to add your vote by clicking on the Thumbs up icon to the Ongoing Issue here, if you haven't already.  Make sure to provide us with the info we're asking for in the Status update in the comments. 

Though we can't set an exact time frame for when this will be fixed, it'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. We'll be sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts