Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify does not keep settings changes in advance settings

Solved!

Spotify does not keep settings changes in advance settings

Everytime I restart Spotify the settings about "open Spotify automatically......" are saved.

See Screnshots.

I changed those settings to "no", but whenever I restart Spotify they are back to "minimized".

I do not remember how, but I managed to change in the older versions, but now it seems nothing helps.

I tried 10 times, and 10 times it does the same

I am tired of this, because there is "ALWAYS" something wrong at every new release.

Can we do something about this issue, by changing some config files or editing registry? Whatever

Please help

Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Well I know that you can downgrade, there just isn't an official way of doing it 😉
Kudos would be appreciated 😉

View solution in original post

48 Replies

Try opening Spotify as an admin, change the settings and restart Spotify. Tell me if it worked, thanks.

Thanks, but it did not help either.

This is a bug in the 1.0.12 version, because on other devices, where I did not upgrade it is still working as I managed to do.those changes

Well is isn't possible to downgrade, so you gotta wait for an update or contact Spotify support 😉
If you want, you can give me some kudos 😉

I did downgrade.. 🙂

1.0.12 has the described issues plus it stops working now and then and freezes.

1.0.10.x.x.x is fine

Marked as solution

Well I know that you can downgrade, there just isn't an official way of doing it 😉
Kudos would be appreciated 😉

I still believe that the moderator in this forum should file this as a bug and open a case to Spotify support.

The fact that the settings are not saved, it is a clear bug.

You can contact a mod and kindly ask him about reporting this bug.
Thanks for the kudos! 😉

This continues to be an irritating issue. My settings revert to 'minimised' after every Spotify update. It happened again a couple of days ago and I re-set it to 'no'. Today, yet another update and Spotify re-installed again when I opened it. I checked the settings, and sure enough they had changed back to 'minimised' again. Is there perhaps a way of stopping Spotify updates as it seems to be these that muck the settings up each time? I guess it's in the tems and conditions that allows Spotify to update without asking, but to then muck about with settings as well I feel is a big privacy issue, which is why I would like to turn off the automatic updates if possible. This bug has persisted for a year or so now so is about time it was fixed.

And again today - another update and settings changed back..... That's three times this week... so far.

And again.

and again.

First time back on Spotify for weeks and I have to say.......... and again.

And again.

And again.

And again..

And again.

And again.

And again.

And again. Second time today.

Suggested posts