Free/Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Spotify Desktop for Windows

Operating System

Windows 7 64 bits

My Question or Issue

I'm having problems on playing songs inside the app since days and doesn't matter how many times I reinstall, most songs are not playing and all the playlists I used to listen are appearing like "empty", and not even friends activity I can see like before. I've tried to fix by reinstalling the app, cleaned my cache and storage files of the app like suggested here but so far I'm still having the same problem.

Here you can have a preview of the playlist message that is appearing for me. Thanks in advance!

Sem título.png
7 Replies

Hey @Bianca14!

This a known bug with the desktop app and Spotify is investigating the issue. There is a workaround which seems to be working for some users. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope that solves the issue! Let me know if you have further questions. There is also an open issue about this here where you can track it and vote for it so it catches more attention. I hope this will get fixed on Spotify's end soon.

Have a nice day 🙂

THANK YOU SO MUCH! 

@Mantisentil wrote:

Hey @Bianca14!

This a known bug with the desktop app and Spotify is investigating the issue. There is a workaround which seems to be working for some users. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope that solves the issue! Let me know if you have further questions. There is also an open issue about this here where you can track it and vote for it so it catches more attention. I hope this will get fixed on Spotify's end soon.

Have a nice day 🙂

I was having so many problems with the desktop app / website browse and I couldn't play any songs what so ever, and sometimes on my desktop app, none of the songs would even show up, or just some of my songs would show. it was weird, but no matter what I tried, I couldn't get anything to play. So I went to my phone to play some songs and it worked fine. So I spent forever looking for this answer. And miraculously, it worked.

Anyone else with any or all of the problems I listed, I recommend trying this solution.

Thanks again

-Stephen Spilman

I had this problem for 2 years and this solution worked! Thank you very much!

**bleep** YOU SAVED MY LIFE. THIS REALLY WORKS. THANK U SO MUCH. YOURE THE BEST

it did not work for me as i have the issue on my phone

Hi, I had the same problem but in the smartphone, i can't see the songs in the playlist and can't played them. Someone can help me

Hey @DanielArata,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

We've been receiving some reports of this same issue on mobile users. This is now Under Investigation by the internal teams and we hope to get it resolved as soon as possible. Feel free to add your +Vote and subscribe to this thread to be aware of any updates. 

In the meantime, as some of the users reported that the SD card seems to me related to the issue, we'd recommend removing it (in case you have one) and trying again to see if it makes any difference.

We appreciate your feedback, patience and cooperation. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts