Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify forcing itself to desktop foreground?

Solved!

Spotify forcing itself to desktop foreground?

I have never, EVER, had this problem before but here goes:

Here I am playing my good ol' World of Warcraft, really quiet like, and I think to myself, "darn, I'd really like to listen to some music." So I do as I always do, and start up spotify, throw on my favorite playlist, Alt + Tab back to WoW and literally within 3-5 seconds I'm forced back to my desktop. I can't have WoW open for longer than FIVE FREAKING SECONDS before spotify FORCES me to look at it. 

No ads have shown up or anything, as I've read others complaining about. Maybe my issue is completely different, but I honestly do not know. I've used spotify in conjunction with my gaming for over a year now. Why all of a sudden is this **bleep**ed up?

Uninstalled, reinstalled--Still same problem. Sure hope someone can help me fix this... For now using the web player, but literally my spotify program is used on a daily basis and this needs to be resolved ASAP.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Does right clicking on the icon in the system tray and selecting "Hide from Taskbar when closed", then going to Spotify and hitting the "x" button in the corner, then alt-tabbing back to WoW give you the same behaviour? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Does right clicking on the icon in the system tray and selecting "Hide from Taskbar when closed", then going to Spotify and hitting the "x" button in the corner, then alt-tabbing back to WoW give you the same behaviour? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Dude, that definitely worked! I don't know how, but I won't question the genius. xD Thanks for the help!

@Peter wrote:

Peter

This does not fix it for me, it still forces itself to the screen everytime i minimize it.  After clicking "Hide from Taskbar when closed" the X no longer does anything, minimizing unaffected.

Suggested posts