Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify installer doesn't even open!

Solved!

Spotify installer doesn't even open!

Plan

Premium

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Suddenly after a windows update spotify.exe wont open, so I uninstalled it and tried to install it back.

Now that I double tap the installer nothing happens! even in the task manager the installer appears for a second and dissappers. I don't know what to do.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello!

I changed the place of the installer to C:\Users\XXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Spotify\Update and it works !

Thanks a lot !

View solution in original post

18 Replies

I have exactly the same problem... (W10 too)

Ive been having this issue lately, and it has something to do with the audio drivers. It needs to be patched. To fix this, I have found that logging off the PC works, or rebooting the PC. Its very strange. Will get back if I discover a real solution. 

Have a same problem, trying open Spotify Installer and nothing happens.

I have tried to reboot but I still have the problem.

Found a temporarily solution, use old Spotify installer 

[snip - edit by Community Moderator]

It helps until latest update and then after reboot Spotify won't open up again.

Got the same problem... First Spotify had a problem with a new update that can't be installed so I reinstalled Spotify and the Installer doesn't even open up... No error code
Nothing

I'm on Android Amazon and today I have the same issues, just dosent open just sits there? Tryed reinstalling but no joy! No probs on my old versions on Windows VISTA though? As I keep asking for WE NEED A MANUAL UPDATE OPTION! Stop forcing these updates on us, WE DONT NEED THEM!!!!

For those with issues on the Android system this version works ...

[snip - edit by Community Moderator]

Just make sure you've already uninstalled your current Spotify!

THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM

I'm going crazy, I can't use spotify because I DON'T WANT the old one or the browser, I want to use the one I've always used.

FIX THIS NOW

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting about this in the Community!

There's another thread on a similar issue here containing some solutions worth checking. 

If you're still having troubles, could you let us know if your Windows username  contains any non-English or unusual characters? 

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 
Marked as solution

Hello!

I changed the place of the installer to C:\Users\XXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Spotify\Update and it works !

Thanks a lot !

Can you help? How you did it?

it's Bárbara

How did you do this?

Is the same for me, I format my computer and installer not open.

Windows 10 PRO

Version 1809

Build 17763.195

and in windows store said me "Spotify music not is available"

Captura.PNG

I had a problem with updates. The app wouldn't update, so I was about to reinstall it, but the installer didn't start. After searching through the web, and finding nothing, I remembered that there is the Microsoft Store in Windows 10. I opened the store, searched for Spotify, I downloaded it, and bam, there is Spotify working with no problems. 

so..?? you try fix that!? I can't install Spotify yet...

Suggested posts