Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is no more updating automatically

Spotify is no more updating automatically

Hi,

Since the last major update of Spotify (with the Windows 10 complete compatibility) the software won't update by itself. I have the update notification but when I restart Spotify it will be not updated.

I'm forced to reinstall Spotify everytime to update it. I already tried to uninstall and reinstall but it did'nt changed anything. Please fix this bug.

2 Replies

Hey @NatouBnm!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

That's odd. Let's try a deeper reinstallation to get this fixed. Just follow these steps:

• Log out of Spotify and then close the program.
  • Uninstall 
  • Browse to the cache and delete everything inside the folder. The default location should be:

C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage 

• Delete also the folder:

C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Spotify\Users\<random numbers-user>\

There is a folder for each profile that has been logged into Spotify on that computer account. 

• Restart your PC.
  • Reinstall the app from here.
Let us know how it goes.
Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Thanks for your reply but your solution didn't changed anything...

Spotify is updating to a most recent version but not the last one so it needs to update again and here it will fail.

I tried to reset Spotify two times, Maybe the origin is in the software. The new version is successfully downloaded but when relaunching the app, it won't apply.

I will force the update by the installer and if it continues not updating next time I will repost here.

Suggested posts