Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is taking up a lot of space

Solved!

Spotify is taking up a lot of space

Hi, I'd like to know what is taking up so much space by Spotify? It's the data folder in %AppData%. I moved my offline song folder incase I had a lot of songs but that was only 280mb and after moving the folder still remained at 13.3GB.

dllhost_2017-07-16_16-00-17.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It was offline storage after all.

Spotify, please make sure that when I choose another folder for my offline media, dont put it where Spotify is installed but put it where I chose, after all thats why there is a setting for that?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @hanstammiste

I understand that you're running out of hard drive space?

Another Spotify file that took a lot of space (and made it slow on startup) was for local library that's synced to Spotify. It's called local-files.bnk and its in

AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Users\your_userfolder (for example 12345-user)

If you delete the file, the information of local files that have synced to Spotify will go away... and when you open Spotify, then it will start to sync again, unless you've disabled the local file syncing in the preferences.

(deleting this local-files.bnk will NOT delete the local songs themselves.)

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

But whats in the "Data" folder? I doubt Spotify itself is that big so whats in there?

Marked as solution

It was offline storage after all.

Spotify, please make sure that when I choose another folder for my offline media, dont put it where Spotify is installed but put it where I chose, after all thats why there is a setting for that?

Got to the point that i couldn't even send a text so I uninstalled the spotify app on my window phone. then I logged into spotify on the phone and when it reinstalled it took up less than a third of the space it was previously taking. maybe a back log of playback history was the problem? Anyway give it a try.

Suggested posts