Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps closing/crashing randomly?

Solved!

Spotify keeps closing/crashing randomly?

Hi Spotify forums,

Just today i've been having problems with spotify, I start to listen to some music and a minute or so in the program decides to close randomly.... as a result I have started using spotify in my web browser.

As far as I am aware im running the latest verison of the application on Windows 8.1

Mac verssion of spotify is running fine all though havent tested it today... Any help would be much appreicated 🙂

Regards

Richard

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there! Welcome to the community! 🙂

Right click the Spotify shortcut > Click Properties > Compatibility > Uncheck the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" > Apply > Ok

Hopefully that helps! 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey man!

I did what you said and the box was already unchecked so I checked it and set it for Windows 8 and it seems to have solved the problem. 🙂

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hey there and welcome to the community!

I hadn't heard of anything so far. Have you tried logging out and back in? Also uninstall/reinstall?

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Hi,

I've tried logging in and out aswell as unistinstalling and reinstalling the program and evening playing around with the preferences and still no luck.

Rich

Marked as solution

Hey there! Welcome to the community! 🙂

Right click the Spotify shortcut > Click Properties > Compatibility > Uncheck the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" > Apply > Ok

Hopefully that helps! 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Marked as solution

Hey man!

I did what you said and the box was already unchecked so I checked it and set it for Windows 8 and it seems to have solved the problem. 🙂

Frustrating site. Music stops in mid-song. Reloading doesn't help. You might get ten minutes of unpaused music during an entire day. I've had Spotify for a while...same complaints from other users on Chrome...and Spotify always acts as if this is a NEW and Baffling problem that is probably our (the customers') fault.  Earbits is limited, but it NEVER goes down like this site does. 

Hey, the box was unchecked for me as well but unlike our friend on windows 8 mine did not start working after i set it up for my system (which is windows 7). I've uninstalled and reinstalled, killed all of the files from it that are left behind upon uninstalling, and done what you suggested with the preferences. any ideas?

Hi, my spotify keeps crashing and coming back but it doesn't stay on for long enough for me to uncheck any boxes. Help?

Hello,

Same issue on my side (for 2 days now). Spotify app on Windows 10 (64b) starts, works for 5 to 10 seconds, then crashes, then restart 5 to 10 seconds after, and re-crashes, and ...

Same issue is happening to me on my MacBook Pro (macOS Sierra 10.12.1).

Last version of Spotify installed. 

I'm trying to reinstall...

@magewhite wrote:

Hello,

Same issue on my side (for 2 days now). Spotify app on Windows 10 (64b) starts, works for 5 to 10 seconds, then crashes, then restart 5 to 10 seconds after, and re-crashes, and ...

Delate the spotify app and download and install a new one works for me.. 

Hi, Uninstall and reinstall worked for me also 😉

Windows 10 and checking compatibility to windows 8 solved the problem.

On my machine Spotify Windows Store Edition, doesn't change anything. Spotify hangs my Windows 10. Only Web Player is working without freezing. 😕

@FandA91 I'll try this method, I hope it helps.

Yep, these expectations are painful... It proved to not work for me either. It just worked for a more longer time than the last sessions.

But, later... I mean today (I am in the insider programme for receiving the latest builds and after the latest build update 16237 from yesterday update) it worked without any crash, smoothly. I don't know if it's this but has higher probabilities with the update... before the update I unchecked various things in the settings but was still crashing.

+ I have the spotify version from the store, not the desktop downloadable version.

It's good to be able to listen without stopping. ^_^

Suggested posts