Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify making my PC crash

Spotify making my PC crash

My Question or Issue

Hello. I've been having problems with Spotify today. Everytime I open it on my PC, after a short time it will freeze and crash. No error messages shown on screen. It happens even if I just open and inmediately close the program. I just happened to notice it since today, but my guessins are this may have something to do with the latest update to the 1.0.84.344.gfc674f6f version (I haven't been using the desktop app for the past 2 or 3 weeks and used the mobile app instead). I'm have a family premium plan. 

Device: PC

Spotify plan: family premium

Spotify version: 1.0.84.344.gfc674f6f

6 Replies

Hey @12169343091, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are having a great time!

Please follow the steps listed below and tell me how it goes:

(Edit)

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.
2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Install Spotify.

Try it and tell me how it goes 🙂

Have a nice day!

Hello... i don't really understand your instructions. Can you provide some screenshots of the whole process

Hey @12169343091,

Sorry for any inconvenience I have caused! 🙏

Please recheck my post above! 🙂

I am experiencing the same issue on Windows 7.  Haven't used the desktop app as much recently, but crashed my computer to blue screen when trying to launch spotify.  On reboot, spotify app no longer had my log-in credentials saved, and was attempting to launch on start-up.  Allowing the auto-launch to proceed, computer would crash again.  Halting the auto-launch would prevent crash, and I could open the spotify app to get a log-in screen.  Upon entering my login, the app would crash the computer.

Attempted the uninstall-reinstall as described above, installing crashes the computer.  When it reboots, Spotify install not found.

Device: PC

Spotify plan: family premium

Spotify version: 1.0.84.344.gfc674f6f

In my case, it worked just fine after doing the above mentioned process. Make sure you enable the hidden files visibility in the AppLibrary folder, otherwise you may be leaving some old files there that might cause the crashes.

Glad yours worked, but still can't fix mine.  Tried deleting appdata from safe mode boot, empty recycle bin, restart, then reinstall, but still blue screens.

Suggested posts