Free/Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Lenovo Thinkpad

Operating System

Windows 10 64 bit

My Question or Issue

Everytime I have a Teams-meeting, I pause Spotify and when I'm turning it on again, it is muted in windows Volume mixer. I thought it would be fixed with this: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Spotify-mutes-randomly/idi-p/4842852

But I still have this issue.

26 Replies

Hi everyone, if anyone stumbles across this topic: I have the solution.

First of all: It is a Windows problem, not a Spotify problem. If your headset ist connected via bluetooth, Windows activates the "Hands-free AG Audio". This causes all sounds (Spotify, Youtube, everything) to be muted once you enter a phone call (Discord, Teams, Skype, etc). 

How to fix: bluetooth settings -> devices and printers -> your audio device -> properties -> services -> tick off hands free telephony

Please note that this disables the devices microphone. Windows does not support a two-way-transfer (Stereo sound and microphone) with bluetooth.

I hope this helps you!

ive tried all the fixes on this thread none of them have worked for me. I have version 1.164.561.0.

Hey there @mihirnk,

Thanks for your post!

Could you give us more info about your set up and the exact troubleshooting you've ran, so we know what else to suggest 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

i have a lenovo thinkapd e14 with windows 10 21h1 64 bit
ive run the trouble shoot shared by @saberty and @esliszem
i use spotify from the windows store ( though i have the same problem with the installer version as well)
i use wired headphones withoout a mic (so I use the laptop mic).

Hi there @mihirnk,

Thanks for the reply.

This is dependent on the audio drivers for the device and how the specific team-meeting app is configured to handle audio, so this is not something that can be changed through the Spotify app settings.

The best thing to do would be to go into Windows Sound settings > Communications and make sure that calls don't mute other media by pressing Do nothing. Note that some meeting apps might overrun these settings, which might be the case.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

i recently noticed im facing this problem with itunes as well and teams does override the do nothing setting so ill keep my eyes peeled for any good solution
thanks for the reply

Suggested posts