Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not playing through center speakers/subwoofer

Spotify not playing through center speakers/subwoofer

About two weeks ago, Spotify stopped playing music through my center speakers/subwoofer channel, though it still plays music fine through the front stereo speakers. The problem is not with the system settings, as all of my local files (various formas) play fine using another program (Winamp, Windows Media Player). The problem is also not with just one or two songs, but with every song I have tried, both local and on the internet.

I checked Spotify's settings and couldn't find anything that fixed the problem. It's just odd that Spotify is the only program that doesn't utilize my center speakers/subwoofer, and that it worked fine up until 2 weeks ago.

Other *fixes* already tried, but to no avail:

-Uninstalled/reinstalled Spotify;

-Updated audio drivers;

-Numerous computer reboots;

Spotify Version: 0.9.7.16.g4b197456

Thanks!

5 Replies

You indicate that it had been working before, so there's a possibility the it has something to do with the current version.  Can you try doing a clean install of old version from either filehorse or filehippo?  We're not allowed to post direct links, but as far as I know, these sites are sanctioned by the software owners, correct me if I'm wrong.  If your problem is version specific, it should be reported as a bug.

And if you're a Premium or Unlimited subscriber, you can also try SpotiAmp for general playback use.  I've been playing with it for about a week and I like it for the most part.  There is a portable version available too.  The only reason Free users can't use it is that is doesn't play ads.

Installing to an older version of Spotify fixed the problem. I will definitely report this as a bug.

Thanks!

Im having the same issue.... What version was working for you m8?

It is worth making sure "Speaker Fill" is enabled as an option in your sound settings as it has been known to cause issues.

Some people report they get better speaker behaviour from the web player too (play.spotify.com).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Speaker fill? Im using a iPhone and or a iPad with airplay.... Where van i adjust these settings? I Will try the web player to compare it with my iPad /iPhone .....

Suggested posts