Premium

Country

United States

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have had Spotify premium for more than a year, and recently (the past two weeks or so) I've been having an issue where I will play one song in a playlist or album, it plays that song, and then it won't play another song. If I put something in a queue, it won't play that either. Some songs won't play no matter what. On mobile (iphone 6s, IOS 11.2.1) everything works fine, the only issue being that I can no longer link my phone to my computer (controlling desktop spotify from my phone or vice versa). The problem occurs when trying to play local files or music hosted by Spotify. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I have already looked into this issue, and my own troubleshooting, as well as solutions in other threads from people with similar problems, have not fixed this for me.

I have tried:

Restarting Spotify

Reinstalling Spotify

Restarting my computer

Changing playback quality and other settings

Logging out of my Spotify account and logging back in

And unfortunately none of it has worked for me. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi thanks for your concern! I was actually able to fix the issue myself by going to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and opening the file “hosts” in notepad as an administrator and commenting out any line that contained the word “spotify” by putting a # at the beginning of the line.

Credit goes to xScarlife who gave the solution in this thread: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Songs-stop-playing-after-6-seconds-or-don-t-play-at...

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear that.
Could you let me know the exact version of Spotify you're using?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Felix

Marked as solution

Hi thanks for your concern! I was actually able to fix the issue myself by going to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and opening the file “hosts” in notepad as an administrator and commenting out any line that contained the word “spotify” by putting a # at the beginning of the line.

Credit goes to xScarlife who gave the solution in this thread: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Songs-stop-playing-after-6-seconds-or-don-t-play-at...

Awesome, I'm glad you could fix it by yourself! Marked as Solution so that others find it easier. 🙂

Happy listening!

I developed this problem too. None of the suggestions worked. So During these Covid19 times I solved it by 'Device Distancing'

Turn off every decide that has Spotify installed on it. Then turn devices on one at a time and Uninstall. Only have one device turned on at a time and turn off after each uninstall. Then reinstall. One at a time, turning off each device after opening Ap and then closing it before shutting down device.

As insurance I make sure that only one Device at a time is running the Spotify Ap.

Also. Important. Install the Spotify Ap from

PlayStore NOT the Spotify Web option 

Suggested posts