Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify plugin update for Rainmeter skins broken

Spotify plugin update for Rainmeter skins broken

I spend most of my time on a PC; desktop, laptop or tablet. Seldom use Spotify on my phone. I have used the Rainmeter skins program to provide player control for years. Spotify has developed a plugin for Rainmeter that has finally allowed me to use Spotify on my PC's which I have become very fond of doing. But the latest update has rendered all of the skins useless with Spotify. No fix has been forthcoming and no one knows if it will, so I am abandoning Spotify and returning to my Groove player which has a mini-player option. Rainmeter has a pretty large audience and I'm sure most are Spotify customers, but don't spend much time on this site, as it is clearly focused on Spotify program issues and development, as expected. But I've been unable to find a method to contact directly Spotify support to address the plugin issue, so am asking if anyone has inside knowledge of what the possibility is of a solution. Thx!

4 Replies

I have had the same issue with my rainmeter Spotify player. I am unable to skip through songs or pause. It does show the album cover of the song currently playing, but obviously panning through the songs is a huge perk of having the player in the first place. If anyone knows of any solutions to this, I'm sure OP and I would be very greatful to hear them.

I have the same problem. I've been using the same Rainmeter plugin for years, haven't had a single problem until this last update. We would all really appreciate it if someone from Spotify could weigh in on this.

I don't know if it works in all players but i fixed the Stylish Music Player 1.1.2

I'll leave you a little tutorial Fix

I ended up having to install a different version of rainmeter, boot the skin, and then update the software. It seemed like a very odd way to get around the problem, but I did eventually get it working. I tried the reddit suggestion from @OuroborosM3x and it seemed to work as well (so thanks for that)!

Suggested posts