Premium

Country

USA 

Device

Windows PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I use Spotify premium on a Windows 10 desktop. I have found the queue most usefull to the way I listen to music and used it quite frequently until sometime within the last week when with no known changes to software, settings or operating system, the queue stopped working. After clicking the '...' following a song in my music list and clicking "add to queue" from the dropdown menu nothing happens. 

I have tried removing Spotify and reinstalling it as well as clearing all cookies related to Spotify in Google Chrome with no results. When I use the web based Spotify, I can add songs to the queue and they will show up in my local installation but I am unable to remove them or change the queue order in either web based or locally based Spotify. 

Any further suggestions would be welcome.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have tried doing a removal and clean reinstall of both the Windows Store version and the Spotify site download version. They both exhibit the same problems with the queue.

However, I have found what I think is the source of the problem and a work around. I listen through my Sonos system. I had been listening by selecting "Living Room + 2 rooms" from the device menu drop down in Spotify. I had no trouble with this over several months until last week when it stopped working as I have previously described. What I have found that does work (at least for now) is to take the audio output from my computer and run it into Sonos as a "Line Input" source on Sonos and choosing "Listening on this computer" in Spotify. This restores full functionality to the queue.

This sort of makes sense. What doesn't make sense is why it worked fine  the other way for several months and then stopped with no known change in hardware or software configuration. Anyone have any ideas on that?

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @one_bravo, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. No worries though, we'll definitely be able to help out though 🙂

Just to be sure, are you using the Windows Store version of Spotify? If so, do a clean uninstall following these steps. Then, download the version from our site here

Let us know if that makes a difference.

Marked as solution

I have tried doing a removal and clean reinstall of both the Windows Store version and the Spotify site download version. They both exhibit the same problems with the queue.

However, I have found what I think is the source of the problem and a work around. I listen through my Sonos system. I had been listening by selecting "Living Room + 2 rooms" from the device menu drop down in Spotify. I had no trouble with this over several months until last week when it stopped working as I have previously described. What I have found that does work (at least for now) is to take the audio output from my computer and run it into Sonos as a "Line Input" source on Sonos and choosing "Listening on this computer" in Spotify. This restores full functionality to the queue.

This sort of makes sense. What doesn't make sense is why it worked fine  the other way for several months and then stopped with no known change in hardware or software configuration. Anyone have any ideas on that?

Hey @one_bravo.

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Good to know you were able to find a work around. It sounds like the issue might stem in the way your system's audio outputs were set up.

We can try confirming this by seeing if you have the same issue if you just connect a pair of headphones to your device and try to recreate the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Have you seen the "Add to queue not working on desktop" thread? There's a whole load of us with the same problem, it seems everyone who's connecting to another  device such as Google Home, Chromecast Audio or Sonos speakers is hitting this bug.

It seems to be a clear straight forward bug where a previously working feature has been broken in a recent update.

Yes, please could somebody from Spotify take a look at this thread...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Add-to-queue-not-working-on-desktop/m-p/4551885#M64...

Suggested posts