Spotify resets cache to C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage every time I log in since last update
A more detailed description, using numbered steps
1. I've upgraded to last version (0.9.0.128.g3134f863)
2. App restarted and I logged in
3. I got the message "Offline access for this computer/device has been withdrawn"
4. Restarted the computer - that was the advice on one of this forum threads to solve the issue
5. After I logged in again I had no message and available offline option was on and working
6. I've then noticed in preferences that the cahe location was reset to C:\Users\MYUSER\Appdata\Local\Spotify\Storage
7. Changed the cache back to the previous folder (on 😧 partition) and saved some songs from a playlist offline
8. After I restarted the app I had no message but when I got into preferences I could see that the cache folder was reset to the default one C:\Users\MYUSER\Appdata\Local\Spotify\Storage
9. I thought that maybe there is a problem with the old cache files so I've deleted everything from the old cache folder
10. Change the cache folder in preferences again to the one on 😧 partition
10. I saved a few songs from a playlist offline (I can see the folders and files saved on the folder on 😧 partition)
11. After restart I checked preferences again and could see that the cache folder was reseted again to the default one
12. Changed it once more to the folder on 😧
13. After restart i get the message "Offline access for this computer/device has been withdrawn" again and the cache folder is reset to the default one.
What I expected to happen
teh cache folder to be changed to the one I set.
What actually happened
Cache folder resets
My Operating System
Windows 7 Pro
Is your Operating System 32 or 64 bit?
Do you have a Service Pack installed?
My Spotify version
My internet provider and country
I don't know the provider ut I know it uses the BT lines, UK
Did you do a clean install of your current Windows version or did you upgrade from a previous version?
Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?
This happened on the 1st/main computer I use Spotify
I have it on 2 more deveces: an android phone (where I had not upgraded the app to the 15th of April release) and have no issue and on a win8 pc.
I also had it installed to a different pc until February 2013 but unnistalled it after I've changed it to the win8 one.