Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify's taskbar icon on the wrong monitor every single time (dual monitors)

Solved!

Spotify's taskbar icon on the wrong monitor every single time (dual monitors)

We had a five page thread; Spotify closed it because "nobody responded in a long time". That's because, Spotify, ya never fixed it.

How to reproduce (you need two monitors):

1. Open Spotify and close it on the second monitor.

2. Open Spotify again. The icon will be on the primary monitor, but the window will be on the secondary monitor.

2019-02-01_17-42-06.jpg

Windows 10 Pro x64, version 1803 (April 2018 update).

Spotify version 1.0.99.250.g936eab8d (Windows Store version).

See this 45 second video for the full walkthrough (see a normal application vs Spotify). Put the icon on the correct taskbar, Spotify.

// IGNORE THE TOP ANSWER BELOW: THERE IS NO ANSWER NOR SOLUTION. SPOTIFY COMMUNITY MODS BARELY UNDERSTAND WINDOWS.

// IGNORE "Top Answer" BELOW:

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello everyone,

We really appreciate your reporting this to us and providing all this info.

We've decided to take another look at things and are gathering more details in this ongoing issue thread. 

If you're affected by this, we suggest you head over there to add your +VOTE and subscribe so you'll be notified if there are any updates.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies, thanks!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

120 Replies

Hey,

Ever since the design update a few days ago (titlebar removal) Spotify's icon appears on the main monitor's taskbar despite the window opening on my second monitor.

This was not the case before the titlebar removing update.

If I drag the window to main monitor and then back, the icon carries over properly.

Using Spotify Desktop (1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc) on Windows 10 (1709).

Same issue myself, only recently started happening.

Same thing here...just have to move it to the main monitor and back and the icon fixes itself, but still annoying.

Windows 10 1709 and Spotify 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc

Same issue! Please fix Spotify!

issue.PNG

Working across five monitors, and all programs are able to properly display in the task bar on the monitor it belongs to except for Spotify.

Same issue here.

Windows 10 1709

Spotify 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78

Same issue here as well on my normal computer and my work computer.

I actually found a fix. I disabled hardware acceleration and the problem no longer occurs. Hopefully it works for you guys!

Disabling hardware acceleration didn't fix it for me.  It appears fixed after disabling and click the restart link but after a full exit of Spotify after that and reopen the problem appears again.

Issue still exists on Win 1803.

2018-05-05_22-17-06.pngI'm almost sure all of us are using the Windows Store version, right?

It happened on 1709 and now 1803, too. Spotify UWP team, yo--what's up? 😞

Not me, I'm using the Desktop Version. Microsoft will have to pry my
Desktop Apps from my cold dead hands before I'll use a windows store
version of something.

Ah, **bleep**, you're right. Same here:

https://imgur.com/a/4hI7hWC

Alas. I chatted with Spotify Support and after 45 minutes of unsuccessful troubleshooting, they decided to move it to the "Escalations Team", who supposedly are to email me in the coming days.

I'll update if anything happens. Otherwise, I think we're just going to wait it out until Spotify dogfoods its applications enough to acknowledge this bug.

An update from the "Escalations Team":

So...fingers crossed this lands in the next update.

Shrug. All that means is that they verified the bug and it's now been
actually entered as a bug for development to look at. Hopefully they have a
good product manager that will prioritize it in the next sprint so we get
the fix semi soon.

Sure--I'll take whatever progress and communication we can get, though. It's been going on weeks now...

Let's see if it's a "quick fix" or "it's been six years--why does this bug still exist?" situations.

Hello all,

I have noticed that when I have spotify open and move the window to my secondary monitor, the icon in the taskbar stays on the primary monitor's tasbar. This is not what I have set my taskbar to.

Windows 10 Version 1803

Spotify 1.0.80.474.gef6b503e

Anybody know a fix? Thanks!

Red line divides monitors in attached picture.

helpppppppppp.PNG

Same issue here

Follow me

Same here. I'd also just like to make it clear that (I think we all, tell me if not) chose the Windows taskbar setting to only show the icons for windows on the monitor that they are active.

(Hardware acceleration -> off) This worked for me, but I hope that Spotify provides an actual fix. Thanks anyway!

Suggested posts