Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify sound quality and volume goes down when I tab into a game.

Spotify sound quality and volume goes down when I tab into a game.

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

It doesn't seem to matter what game, nor does it matter whether the game is fullscreen/borderless/windowed. It doesn't happen with chrome or anything. I've already updated windows, restarted my computer, reinstalled spotify, turned off audio enhancements, and turned off the feature in communications that lowers audio. I'm using Arctis 7 with game dac for listening. Just tried it on my speakers, does not happen when using my speakers. It is not switching to the chat channel either I checked that. It used to work fine but as of maybe a month or so ago this started happening.

5 Replies

Hi there @Wireline1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your phone so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you provide us a recording so that we can have a closer look directly from your end?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Did you ever find an actual fix for this? ive been having the same issue and there are no solutions anywhere on the internet.

This isn't a real answer man he literally said he uninstalled and reinstalled. This still happens in 2022 and no one seems to have the answer. I've reinstalled Spotify upwards of 3 times already and that's clearly not the solution. I'm really considering switching streaming services because of the apparent lack of care for their customers and the quality of their products.

The same problem for me except the audio gets louder when I alt-tab into other non-productivity apps (discord, games, Samsung DeX virtual desktop). I can't find the reasoning or the solution to this online. The sound is also louder on the left side than on the right side.  I use Corsair Virtuoso XT (in wireless) so this is not a headphone-specific problem but seems to be a Spotify problem. All other applications' volumes stay the same no matter what app I change into.

I think I found the solution go in to settings and go to sound and input and turn off microphone on your headset this should sort it

Suggested posts