Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify window frame stays on desktop after closing program

Solved!

Spotify window frame stays on desktop after closing program

When I close Spotify, a still image of the frame of the program stays on screen. It takes a right-click and Refresh to clear it up.

It's the same whether I have Hardware Accelerated enabled or not.

Any ideas?

Sorry if this is a regular question; I did a search but didnt find a similar post.

Clipboard01.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Windows Classic theme on Win 7 and this stay on desktop. "Migrate to Windows 10", "Use specific theme which spotify like" or "Install mac OS" is not solution for crapy software. All normall programmers are eradicated and only flash and visual basic programmers survived ?

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hi @nifta13!

Do you use the Windows Basic theme? Don't use it. Or, upgrade to Windows 10 while it's free. These are the only solutions that I know. This usually occurs in the Windows basic theme.

Hope this helps

Hi,

this is on my work PC, so an upgrade to Win10 isnt possible right now. I use the regular Aero theme, rather than the basic theme. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Try disabling that dock. Check if it might be the cause of the problem

Just gave that a go but it doesn't fix the problem, sadly. Thanks for the idea though!

Oh well, I think I can live with it. It's only annoying in the instances where sometimes the whole interface stays on as the ghost-image and I find myself trying to click on buttons that aren't actually there 🙂

Try reinstalling. If this won't fix it, I will escalate this issue. We should not give up 🙂

Reinstalling didnt help 😞

Well, this evening I noticed this was also happening on my Work Laptop (Win7 again, but it's a completely different hardware spec to my Work Workstation/Desktop. The only similarity is HP being the manufacturer).

Weird.

I wonder if it's somehow related to some custom setup that my work uses....?

My home Win10 setups work just fine.

It might be an OS problem because you said that it works fine on Windows 10. Windows 10 might be the only fix.

Could be. Let's assume that it is 🙂

Thanks for the support.

RIGHT CLICK THE MOUSE  AND USE REFRESH ON YOUR DESKTOP.

Yep, that does work but I was hoping to find a way to prevent it happening in the first place 🙂

Marked as solution

Windows Classic theme on Win 7 and this stay on desktop. "Migrate to Windows 10", "Use specific theme which spotify like" or "Install mac OS" is not solution for crapy software. All normall programmers are eradicated and only flash and visual basic programmers survived ?

Was struggling with this myself.

A solution, though not perfect, for me was to activate Windows 7 Aero Theme.

Now its able to close, minimize & quit without the frame lagging on the screen

It might be an OS problem?  Windows 10 is the only solution?  PuuuuuuuhhhhhLEASE... "I'm not working for Spotify."  Right, and I'm sure you don't work for Micro$oft either.  What a load of crock.  This issue could easily be fixed if they gave a rat's... It doesn't happen with other programs on Windows 7, so, actually obviously, it's a Spotify problem.

3 years later and the problem persists! Nice job escalating this issue!

Suggested posts