Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Solved!! Why are some music grayed out?

I have spotify premium and i noticed that some songs aren't playable. Please, don't tell me its that "Not available in your country" thing.....

• Casual Listener
  • I have spotify premium and i noticed that some songs aren't playable. Please, don't tell me its that "Not available in your country" thing.....
  • JamesHelps
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App Keeps Freezing My Computer

Pretty self-explanatory. The Spotify app on my desktop (Windows 10) keeps freezing my computer, every time I try to use it (I've had to use the web player now). I tried uninstalling Spotify, and reinstalling, but that didn't fix it. Can someone help,...

• Casual Listener
  • Pretty self-explanatory.  The Spotify app on my desktop (Windows 10) keeps freezing my computer, every time I try to use it (I've had to use the web player now).   I tried uninstalling Sp...
  • patrikc325
  • Music Fan
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes

Local Files

¿Como consigo que desaparezcan los "local files" una vez que he desactivado su visibilidad en las opciones de la Cuenta?

• Casual Listener
  • ¿Como consigo que desaparezcan los "local files" una vez que he desactivado su visibilidad en las opciones de la Cuenta?
  • Uratelo
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify automatically skips through my songs

basically what is happening is that spotify plays my songs for less than a second each, and zooms through all of the songs on my playlist. this is a school laptop i am using, which i bring home with me. im not sure how to fix computer related problem...

• basically what is happening is that spotify plays my songs for less than a second each, and zooms through all of the songs on my playlist. this is a school laptop i am using, which i bring home with ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

New Format Incompatable With Windows 7

My old ASUS laptop PC Notebook died several months ago. I had been using Windows 10 for about one year prior to that. Since that time I have purchased a Dell Latitude Model E5530 which was refurbished. The operating system for my new used laptop is W...

• My old ASUS laptop PC Notebook died several months ago. I had been using Windows 10 for about one year prior to that. Since that time I have purchased a Dell Latitude Model E5530 which was refurbishe...
  • HetzeFetze
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't load my playlists on web player

My playlists won't load when using web player. I'm using latest version of Windows and Explorer. It comes eup with a spinning loading icon, but nothing happens!

• My playlists won't load when using web player. I'm using latest version of Windows and Explorer. It comes eup with a spinning loading icon, but nothing happens!    
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

"Something went wrong. We can't seem to find the artist."

Been getting this error message ("Something went wrong. We can't seem to find the artist.") all morning. It shows up for any artist I try. I've tried ending the spotify processes and relaunching the app, but nothing is fixing the issue. I'm able to s...

• Been getting this error message ("Something went wrong. We can't seem to find the artist.") all morning. It shows up for any artist I try. I've tried ending the spotify processes and relaunching the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Local files

I just got a new PC and re-downloaded all my music. The files are going into local file but will not play. Whenever i attempt to play pne i get an error message(see attached file). The files are in mp3 format and worked just fine on my last pc

• I just got a new PC and re-downloaded all my music. The files are going into local file but will not play. Whenever i attempt to play pne i get an error message(see attached file). The files are in m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No es posible reproducir la canción actual (1.0.56.451.gb2f539fc)

He descargo hoy día 13/06/2017 Spotify para Windows (1.0.56.451.gb2f539fc) y cada vez que finaliza una canción de un álbum o lista de reproducción, se para y sale el mensaje "No es posible reproducir la canción actual". Si le doy al botón siguiente o...

• He descargo hoy día 13/06/2017 Spotify para Windows (1.0.56.451.gb2f539fc)  y cada vez que finaliza una canción de un álbum o lista de reproducción, se para y sale el mensaje "No es posible repr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Re-select high quality button after each update

Hi Spotify,I have to reselect the high quality button on spotify after each update again. This is really annoying. How can I solve this? And if this can't be solved, can Spotify fix this issue with an update? Thanks in advanceHidde

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Spotify, I have to reselect the high quality button on spotify after each update again. This is really annoying. How can I solve this? And if this can't be solved, can Spotify fix this issue with...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Skipping next song after relaunching

Whenever I have to close Spotify for a while and then reopen it, it skips the song that was supposed to play next. Also, if I closed it when it was playing the last song on the queue, it just goes back to the beginning of the album/playlist/whatever ...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I have to close Spotify for a while and then reopen it, it skips the song that was supposed to play next. Also, if I closed it when it was playing the last song on the queue, it just go...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Automatic updates

Hello,I have an issue with automatic updates. I don't want them! The newest version of Spotify doesn't work on my computer and for now it doesnt't seem like it is going to change so I want to keep the older version of the program. Unfortunately, I ca...

• Regular
  • Hello, I have an issue with automatic updates. I don't want them! The newest version of Spotify doesn't work on my computer and for now it doesnt't seem like it is going to change so I want to keep ...
  • emilia_st
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! No quiet time

We use Spotify at the Office to play background music, usualy via Radio or Playlists. But when the chosen Radio station finishes we get an eery silence in the room How can we set it up so there is never any down time - so that Spotify just keeps on p...

• We use Spotify at the Office to play background music, usualy via Radio or Playlists.    But when the chosen Radio station finishes we get an eery silence in the room   How can we ...
  • rednblu
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Does Spotify Automatically Disable Surround Sound?

I recently got some razer kraken headphones that have 7.1 surround sound, and I am wondering if spotify disables it. Surround sound in a music program would suck so I need to know.

• Regular
  • I recently got some razer kraken headphones that have 7.1 surround sound, and I am wondering if spotify disables it. Surround sound in a music program would suck so I need to know.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Song doesn't start at beginning

Hello, I hope someone can help me. I noticed that a track on spotify starts at 0:14 seconds everytime, it is kinda annoying and I do not know how to fix it. It is just 1 song no others.It is in a country playlist. Well I know this is short but I hope...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,    I hope someone can help me.   I noticed that a track on spotify starts at 0:14 seconds everytime, it is kinda annoying and I do not know how to fix it.   It i...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

download of local files

hi, so, i alway did m synchronizations on my PC, and i would always work well. But now that i got a notebook they appear my phone but the files don't start to download. I've tried disabling the firewall, re-installing the spotify app in my desktop bu...

• hi, so, i alway did m sy nchronizations  on my PC, and i would always work well. But now that i got a notebook they appear my phone but the files don't start to download. I've tried disabling&nb...
  • Uratelo
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! After Windows 10 Creators Update Media Keys No Longer Play or Pause Music

As the title says, I updated Window 10 to the latest version via the "Creators Update" update. Now the media keys on my keyboard no longer play, pause or skip tracks when pushing them. They only work if Spotify is opened and the application is the ac...

• Regular
  • As the title says, I updated Window 10 to the latest version via the "Creators Update" update. Now the media keys on my keyboard no longer play, pause or skip tracks when pushing them. They only work...
  • Milebello
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files imported to Spotify even though i disabled it in settings

So, like the title says, i am having issues with spotify importing songs from my NAS, even though i disabled the option to import them. It is making spotify open slow, as my NAS need to wake up from hibernation before spotify loads the files. What to...

• So, like the title says, i am having issues with spotify importing songs from my NAS, even though i disabled the option to import them. It is making spotify open slow, as my NAS need to wake up from ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify won't load sometimes

I found something odd and I wonder if anyone else has had the same issues. I leave my PC on alot, sometimes for days, never shut it off everynight, well I noticed that after a few days Spotify won't load after I click on it and it's only after I go i...

• Casual Listener
  • I found something odd and I wonder if anyone else has had the same issues. I leave my PC on alot, sometimes for days, never shut it off everynight, well I noticed that after a few days Spotify won't ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

File > Import Playlist > Windows Media Player does nothing

I am running the latest Spotify desktop client on Windows 10, when I choose File > Import Playlist > Windows Media Player, absolutely nothing happens. I don't get an error or anything. I've already tried deleting all the .wmdb files under C:\Users\\A...

• Not applicable
  • I am running the latest Spotify desktop client on Windows 10, when I choose File > Import Playlist > Windows Media Player, absolutely nothing happens.  I don't get an error or anything. &...
  • jroca4029
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes