Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Spotify doesn't sync local files( "Waiting for download")

Hey Guys, I wanted to sync some local files from my pc to my phone, but the only message I get when I want to sync the files is "waiting for download". I already tried reinstalling the app and the pc client and turning off my firewall. Didn't work at...

• Hey Guys,   I wanted to sync some local files from my pc to my phone, but the only message I get when I want to sync the files is "waiting for download". I already tried reinstalling the app a...
  • Legitskillz82
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Periods of silence when playing to Amazon Echo

Okay so here's what's happening. Almost every time I play a song, or a playlist goes to the next song in queue, it begins to play in the desktop app but sound doesn't actually come out of my speakers for a random amount of time. Sometimes it's 10 sec...

• Casual Listener
  • Okay so here's what's happening.   Almost every time I play a song, or a playlist goes to the next song in queue, it begins to play in the desktop app but sound doesn't actually come out of my...
  • basexperience
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

"can't play current song" comes when trying to play downloaded song

I have downloaded several songs to listen on spotify. When these songs are to be played next on the queue and they come, the error "can't play current song" comes up. I can play the song by doubleclicking them without any problems. I have turned off ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have downloaded several songs to listen on spotify. When these songs are to be played next on the queue and they come, the error "can't play current song" comes up. I can play the song by doublecli...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Play current song -happens when downloaded song on qeue

I've downloaded songs that arent on spotify so i can listen ton them. When such song is to be played next on queue it shows error "can't play current song." But when i play the song by double clicking it it plays just fine. What could be wrong?

• Casual Listener
  • I've downloaded songs that arent on spotify so i can listen ton them. When such song is to be played next on queue it shows error "can't play current song." But when i play the song by double clickin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Workaround for local file organization

Hello! About I am looking for a way to organize one's local files. For sure the first thing was too look around in the Spotify community board. Actually I didn't find anything around here unfortunately. So I started to find a workaround myself. My ap...

• Regular
  • Hello!   About  I am looking for a way to organize one's local files. For sure the first thing was too look around in the Spotify community board. Actually I didn't find anything around ...
  • Beeeee
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files issue

In my local files I changed the folder that should be displayed but I still get mp3 files that are in an unselected folder (study files, and there are more than thousand files..., hard to get a clear music library) What can I do?

• In my local files I changed the folder that should be displayed but I still get mp3 files that are in an unselected folder (study files, and there are more than thousand files..., hard to g...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Won't Load/Slow to End Task Via Task Manager

Hello, any ideas on how to resolve Spotify not starting properly? Once I open the app it just shows the attached image. I have tried uninstalling etc but to no avail. Thanks.

• Hello, any ideas on how to resolve Spotify not starting properly?   Once I open the app it just shows the attached image.   I have tried uninstalling etc but to no avail. Thanks.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs don't load

Whenever I start spotify and go to my songs, it doesn't display all the songs I have saved. I've had this for a while now and normally I could fix it by skipping to other tabs such as playlists. Today, I couldn't. I tried restarting but It didn't wor...

• Whenever I start spotify and go to my songs, it doesn't display all the songs I have saved. I've had this for a while now and normally I could fix it by skipping to other tabs such as playlists. Toda...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Sort by Album or Artist Anymore

In some recent update the ability to arrange my saved music properly by clicking on the Album or Artist tabs at the top of the screen has disappeared. Now saved songs can only be listened to in the order they were saved in, so if I want to listen to ...

• Music Fan
  • In some recent update the ability to arrange my saved music properly by clicking on the Album or Artist tabs at the top of the screen has disappeared.   Now saved songs can only be listened to...
  • skelborne
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

Please restore my shared songs in the playlist. I am so disappointed the message feature is gone -- it was one of my favorite parts of Spotify (and I am a paying customer -- family plan). My kids and I, even, shared songs -- great way to connect with...

• Regular
  • Please restore my shared songs in the playlist. I am so disappointed the message feature is gone -- it was one of my favorite parts of Spotify (and I am a paying customer -- family plan). My kids and...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Problem with Spotify taking over audio controls

When Spotify (the installed version) is running on my laptop and I change the volume settings on the computer (a Dell Latitude 5289), a Spotify volume control window pops up. So, for instance, if I try to play iTunes, there is no audio at all. It is ...

• Casual Listener
  •   When Spotify (the installed version) is running on my laptop and I change the volume settings on the computer (a Dell Latitude 5289), a Spotify volume control window pops up. So, for instance...
  • leilamuthu
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Cant play certain song issue

Wanted to randomly listen to some die antwood albums tension and keep getting the error that spoitfy cant play any songs and for some it will play for a few seconds, stop and then give the error. have tried uninstalling, reinstaling, and everything e...

• Wanted to randomly listen to some die antwood albums tension and keep getting the error that spoitfy cant play any songs and for some it will play for a few seconds, stop and then give the error. hav...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

songs not available for windows 10 install of spotify

i recently installed spotify on windows 10... my playlists show that some songs are not available and grayed out, even though, i have another computer right next to it running windows 7 with spotify and the same playlist open and all of the songs are...

• Casual Listener
  • i recently installed spotify on windows 10... my playlists show that some songs are not available and grayed out, even though, i have another computer right next to it running windows 7 with spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Deezer works; Spotify doesn't.

Windows 10 Desktop. Deezer app works perfectly. Spotify doesn't: It either locks my PC or takes 18+ minutes to log in. As both work with Sonos, it's a no-brainer which one I keep and which one I dump. Please Spotify technical sort this problem now be...

• Music Fan
  • Windows 10 Desktop. Deezer app works perfectly. Spotify doesn't: It either locks my PC or takes 18+ minutes to log in. As both work with Sonos, it's a no-brainer which one I keep and which one I dump...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Some local file track titles not being displayed

I have a few local file-based tracks whose titles are not being displayed in Spotify, either in the Desktop version on Windows 10 or the iOS version on an iPhone 6s. I verified that the metadata inside the MP3 files is correct, and Spotify can play t...

Sam Cooke tracks missing names in Spotify local files.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • I have a few local file-based tracks whose titles are not being displayed in Spotify, either in the Desktop version on Windows 10 or the iOS version on an iPhone 6s. I verified that the metadata insi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop App Lags my internet.

I attempt to go to my next song and it spike to 25Mbps-40Mbps. Causes the games I am playing to Lag behind. This started happening about a week ago when yet again another bad update was released. The one before that would randomly make my phone open ...

• I attempt to go to my next song and it spike to 25Mbps-40Mbps. Causes the games I am playing to Lag behind. This started happening about a week ago when yet again another bad update was released. The...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My buddy and I used to swap our favorite songs with one another using the messaging feature. I never added them to any playlists, as I always just played them from the inbox. Tried to find them today and discovered this horrible news. Dammit!!! I hav...

• My buddy and I used to swap our favorite songs with one another using the messaging feature. I never added them to any playlists, as I always just played them from the inbox. Tried to find them today...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

THIS. Often when I shared my playlists with friends I'd accompany them with personal messages, little stories, background information or just plain ol' page-long ramblings about how awesome this music I was passing on really was. All of that is gone ...

• THIS. Often when I shared my playlists with friends I'd accompany them with personal messages, little stories, background information or just plain ol' page-long ramblings about how aw...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify en windows 10 no funciona

Cada que intento abrir Spotify desde mi computadora se congela la pantalla y no funciona hasta que tengo que reiniciarla¿a alguien mas le pasa? y de ser así ¿como lo solucionaron?

• Casual Listener
  • Cada que intento abrir Spotify desde mi computadora se congela la pantalla y no funciona hasta que tengo que reiniciarla ¿a alguien mas le pasa? y de ser así ¿como lo solucionaron?
  • dalids
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Free
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes