Announcements

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 25 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 25 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle mode stuck on certain range of letters

I have been shuffling on my "Songs" section which currently contains around 1,200 songs. sometimes when listening to them on shuffle it gets stuck only playing songs starting in a range of letters.First it was songs starting with A - D but after remo...

• Visitor
  • I have been shuffling on my "Songs" section which currently contains around 1,200 songs. sometimes when listening to them on shuffle it gets stuck only playing songs starting in a range of letters. ...
  • Wombcombo7
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes

dooesnt work volume control

my phone connect pc but dooesnt work volume control in 3 days ! (im premium user)

• Casual Listener
  • my phone connect pc but dooesnt work volume control in 3 days ! (im premium user)
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How does spotify know who my facebook friends are?

I've never connected my facebook profile with my spotify account (I signed up before it was mandatory) yet today I noticed that my facebook friends were listed on the right in the activity log. How did you get access to this info if I've never connec...

• Casual Listener
  • I've never connected my facebook profile with my spotify account (I signed up before it was mandatory) yet today I noticed that my facebook friends were listed on the right in the activity log. How d...
  • vologya
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Logging in

I have several problems, first my spotify appeared offline for days, then I logged out, and when I tried to log in with facebook, it apeears a white window with nothing to do (photo), then I putted my email and my password and it says I have a proble...

spotify.png
  • I have several problems, first my spotify appeared offline for days, then I logged out, and when I tried to log in with facebook, it apeears a white window with nothing to do (photo) , then I putted...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows Store app crash immediately after login

The windows store app crashes immediately after a login. I removed and reinstalled the app. Initially, app starts. Login using facebook account and then the app crashes. Any attempt to launch the app again: direct crash.Also tried the "reset" functio...

• The windows store app crashes immediately after a login. I removed and reinstalled the app. Initially, app starts. Login using facebook account and then the app crashes. Any attempt to launch the app...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop Display

Just purchased a new PC with Windows 10 and want to have the Spotify icon permanently shown on my desktop display. I managed to somehow do that with my old PC but don't recall how I accomplished it. Any suggestions?

• Music Fan
  • Just purchased a new PC with Windows 10 and want to have the Spotify icon permanently shown on my desktop display. I managed to somehow do that with my old PC but don't recall how I accomplished it. ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Play just one song and stop?

For a paid-for facility from an industry leader, the Spotify player for Windows is almost shockingly basic. What sort of music player is incapable of playing one song only???When will this advanced (joke!) feature become available, or am I missing so...

• Music Fan
  • For a paid-for facility from an industry leader, the Spotify player for Windows is almost shockingly basic. What sort of music player is incapable of playing one song only??? When will this advanced...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify using wrong meta-data

Using windows 10 I was playing around with the details of my local files, I added titles to them before realizing that Spotify used that as a substitute for the name, so I deleted the titles and it continued to ignore the name and left me with a bunc...

• Using windows 10   I was playing around with the details of my local files, I added titles to them before realizing that Spotify used that as a substitute for the name, so I deleted the titles...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems

I'm experiencing some difficulties after the most recent Windows update.... All carried out using an Administrator account. After un/reinstalling the desktop app, I get the opportunity to log in, at which point it simply hangs and does nothing. I can...

• Regular
  • I'm experiencing some difficulties after the most recent Windows update....   All carried out using an Administrator account.   After un/reinstalling the desktop app, I get the opportun...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't play music at all

Hello, Does anyone have a real solution to the fact that spotify doesn't play ANYTHING (neither local nor remote songs). I have tried various solutions found on Spotify Community : - Uninstall / reinstall Spotify and Update flash play - Update Quickt...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,    Does anyone have a real solution to the fact that spotify doesn't play ANYTHING (neither local nor remote songs).    I have tried various solutions found on Spot...
  • Bloodmoon24
  • 123 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 123 replies
  • 7 likes

How to disable the pop up website oh Spotify?

Whenever I turn on my laptop, it always pop up a website from my browser saying "log in spotify", and I don't reallyt like that.Is there any way to disable that?Or it would be better if I simply uninstall the app?

• Whenever I turn on my laptop, it always pop up a website from my browser saying "log in spotify", and I don't reallyt like that.Is there any way to disable that?Or it would be better if I simply unin...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The Web Interface is unusable, Windows interface is unusable

I cannot use either the Web Interface or the Windows 10 app interface. They only present large icon pictures of 'My Albums'. I cant see them all on one page or in folders/files etc. This is total **bleep**. I cannot believe how dumbed down the design...

• Music Fan
  • I cannot use either the Web Interface or the Windows 10 app interface. They only present large icon pictures of 'My Albums'.  I cant see them all on one page or in folders/files etc. This is to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Differenti numeri di playlist da Spotify Web alle applicazioni sia su Pc che Smartphone

Buongiorno, ho notato una cosa e mi servirebbe una spiegazione gentilmente: il profilo di Spotify sulla sua app è diverso se aperto tramite Spotify Web con l'applicazione, praticamente le playlist presenti su Spotify Web sono gargantuescamente maggio...

• Buongiorno, ho notato una cosa e mi servirebbe una spiegazione gentilmente: il profilo di Spotify sulla sua app è diverso se aperto tramite Spotify Web con l'applicazione, praticamente le playlist pr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing on Phone and Computer at the same time

Why does my computer and cellphone link when I am playing on my computer. Is this using up my data on my phone while I am trying to just listen through my computer. How do I stop them from both linking and concurrently playing at the same time. I usu...

• Casual Listener
  • Why does my computer and cellphone link when I am playing on my computer. Is this using up my data on my phone while I am trying to just listen through my computer. How do I stop them from both linki...
  • ezcapefromlife
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Changing the cover of currently played song to the playlist picture instead of the album's?

I'm pretty sure I made the title insanely complicated, but I think the pictures explain clearly what I mean. Is there any way to make it so that this cover: Displays as this cover: ?

bsG453d nHX49es
  • Casual Listener
  • I'm pretty sure I made the title insanely complicated, but I think the pictures explain clearly what I mean. Is there any way to make it so that this cover:     Displays as this co...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant launch spotify

I am running on windows 10 and the app says that the windows store version is installed even though it isn't installed. plz help

• I am running on windows 10 and the app says that the windows store version is installed even though it isn't installed. plz help
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Only one channel of audio is playing (desktop and iOS)

Don't know why, but just one audio channel is playing on both my desktop and iOS app. Any solutions?

• Don't know why, but just one audio channel is playing on both my desktop and iOS app. Any solutions?
  • drewhinkle
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

My playlist sometimos don’t charge

Since i update my playlist sometimes dont charge when i have no wifi.i have a premium plan. What can i do?

• Since i update my playlist sometimes dont charge when i have no wifi. i have a premium plan. What can i do?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows Unable to play current song

Using Windows desktop player and am routinely told that Spotify cannot play current song about 6-7 seconds into the song. Ive tried all the other troubleshooting for this issue:Logged out of everywhereReinstalled fresh apprebooted computermessed with...

• Casual Listener
  • Using Windows desktop player and am routinely told that Spotify cannot play current song about 6-7 seconds into the song.  Ive tried all the other troubleshooting for this issue: Logged out of...
  • mdavis6
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify stopped posting the music I'm listing to on Facebook

Hello, Ever since Septmeber, Spotify has stopped displaying the music I'm listeing to on Facebook. How can I fix this? Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,    Ever since Septmeber, Spotify has stopped displaying the music I'm listeing to on Facebook. How can I fix this?   Thanks!
  • Bettyg526
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes