Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

desktop spotify connect change volume for my phone

my iphone connect pc but dooesnt work change volume in 1 days. (another phone samsung glaxy s4 working good change volume)

• Casual Listener
  •  my iphone connect pc but dooesnt work change volume in 1 days. (another phone samsung glaxy s4 working good change volume)   <screenshot snipped for security reasons>
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • change volume
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify no sound with razer kraken 7.1

Hello I can't hear spotify sound with my headphone and there is no post about it.Please help me ( I try to restart my pc I update everything , my headphone razer surround other... ) I'm in USB ( not in jack )

• Hello I can't hear spotify sound with my headphone and there is no post about it. Please help me ( I try to restart my pc I update everything , my headphone razer surround other... ) I'm in USB ( no...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs are not playing properly

So Im on my PC and for some reason the songs are playing af if their is a filter that turns the volume low and high really fast and i hear cracking, ive tried to restart my computer but no help, I also have premium, im not sure if thats the reason

• So Im on my PC and for some reason the songs are playing af if their is a filter that turns the volume low and high really fast and i hear cracking, ive tried to restart my computer but no help, I al...
  • Erkuspwn
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Reinstall/Launch Spotify

I deleted Spotify a day ago, but now I can't seem to reinstall it. Whenever I try to launch the setup.exe, a prompt appears saying "A Windows Store installation of Spotify was found in your system. Please uninstall that version first, or update throu...

• I deleted Spotify a day ago, but now I can't seem to reinstall it.    Whenever I try to launch the setup.exe, a prompt appears saying "A Windows Store installation of Spotify was found in...
  • Erkuspwn
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Login Error: There is an error in logging you into this application. Please try again later.

Premium subscriberHave just written in another thing but can't find it again after I submitted it.I get this error when logging in with facebook, not a computer wizz so any help needs to be easy to understand.many thanks.Dean.

• Premium subscriber Have just written in another thing but can't find it again after I submitted it. I get this error when logging in with facebook, not a computer wizz so any help needs to be easy ...
  • Erkuspwn
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify is not working at all

Description of the Problem - Hi! I’ve been using Spotify since the beginning of June, I believe, with no problem. But today, when I started to use Spotify, it wouldn’t work. I downloaded the recent update on 7/23/2012. I did do a search of the Window...

• Casual Listener
  • Description of the Problem - Hi!  I’ve been using Spotify since the beginning of June, I believe, with no problem.  But today, when I started to use Spotify, it wouldn’t work.  I down...
  • mustangfoxbody5
  • Regular
  • 47 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 47 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify Connect Being Greedy With Two Computers

So this is a small annoyance, but I have two computers that I regularly listen to music to using Spotify on (home and work). Both have the full client installed. Spotify connect is nice because it keeps both synced to what I was listening to so when ...

• Casual Listener
  • So this is a small annoyance, but I have two computers that I regularly listen to music to using Spotify on (home and work). Both have the full client installed. Spotify connect is nice because it ke...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Connect
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist won't disappear

So ages ago there was some Summer Hits UK playlist (I think) maintained by Spotify, I had it followed, they removed it, now it shows up in my sidebar as "Loading.... by Spotify". Unfollowing won't make it go away, clicking it opens a blank page. I kn...

• Casual Listener
  • So ages ago there was some Summer Hits UK playlist (I think) maintained by Spotify, I had it followed, they removed it, now it shows up in my sidebar as "Loading.... by Spotify". Unfollowing won't ma...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Stops playing after 30 seconds...

Hi!Having huge issues with Spotify on the desktop.Every song stops playing after 30seconds... I have tried reinstalling, log in and out...NOTHING works!

• Regular
  • Hi! Having huge issues with Spotify on the desktop. Every song stops playing after 30seconds...  I have tried reinstalling, log in and out... NOTHING works!
  • CryticalAce
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

Banner ads playing over music

When in Desktop mode, the rolling banner ads that have sound play over the music. I don't see any way to mute or alter the ads. Pretty much destroys the experience.

• When in Desktop mode, the rolling banner ads that have sound play over the music. I don't see any way to mute or alter the ads. Pretty much destroys the experience.
  • ECameo
  • 11 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 7 likes

Clicking on Album Art

I, at times, am able to click on the album art and it will direct me to the song in my playlist. This doesn't happen all the time, but when I click on a song right now it takes me to some random song in my playlist.

• I, at times, am able to click on the album art and it will direct me to the song in my playlist. This doesn't happen all the time, but when I click on a song right now it takes me to some random song...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error Code 1005: Facebook and Spotify Linked login

I can only login to my account on the web player if each time before I login I delete the app on Facebook to add it again later.But, I just downloaded the Desktop app because it looks and seems to function better. My memory must be wrong because I ca...

• Casual Listener
  • I can only login to my account on the web player if each time before I login I delete the app on Facebook to add it again later. But, I just downloaded the Desktop app because it looks and...
  • irgrustam369
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't listen to music because Spotify freezes playback on ads

Everytime an ad comes up there is no sound and nothing plays. Everytime this happens I have to close Spotify and open it again in order to continue listening to music. It is very annoying.

• Casual Listener
  • Everytime an ad comes up there is no sound and nothing plays. Everytime this happens I have to close Spotify and open it again in order to continue listening to music. It is very annoying.
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify web stops playing after 30 seconds, every 30 sec

-This is across all platforms-It's connected to my facebook-I don't have premium-It's.... wildly annoying -I have tried clearing cache and logging out across all platforms

• Casual Listener
  • -This is across all platforms -It's connected to my facebook -I don't have premium -It's.... wildly annoying 😞  -I have tried clearing cache and logging out across all platforms
  • Marigold
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist appearing that I did not make

So this playlist is in my list of playlists and I 100% did not make it, half the artists/songs Ive never even heard of before. The playlist has a name - jj(2) so it cant be accidental and says it was created by me. It is also from only a few months a...

• So this playlist is in my list of playlists and I 100% did not make it, half the artists/songs Ive never even heard of before. The playlist has a name - jj(2) so it cant be accidental and says i...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Background

CHANGE THE SPOTIFY BACKGROUND!!OR make it an option so we can personalise it ourselves. The black background is so dim & creates no backlight.

• CHANGE THE SPOTIFY BACKGROUND!! OR make it an option so we can personalise it ourselves.    The black background is so dim & creates no backlight.  
  • TheBrickSlayer
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing lags every evening

Hi. Each evening around 21:00 +- 15 minutes (UTC+3) playing starts lag. It stops and starts. Spotify shows me blue banner with message 'Can't play song'. At the same time local files can be played without lags. The issue is represantable both on desk...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.   Each evening around 21:00 +- 15 minutes (UTC+3) playing starts lag. It stops and starts. Spotify shows me blue banner with message 'Can't play song'. At the same time local files can be ...
  • AndreiShenets
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't add new songs to my playlists even though I can still see the playlist

For the past week or so, everytime I open Spotify on my Windows computer, I cannot add new songs to my playlists. I can see my playlists on the left-side menu, but don't have the ability to add new songs to them. I figured out a temporary work-around...

• For the past week or so, everytime I open Spotify on my Windows computer, I cannot add new songs to my playlists. I can see my playlists on the left-side menu, but don't have the ability to add new s...
  • Berdyon
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cancel premium

Hi i have specific problem, because i was had 2 accounts on spotyfiy, 1 normal from mail and second signed in from facebook. On this 2. i activated free month premium. After format and reinstall spotyfiy when i try log in on fb account it switch me o...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi i have specific problem, because i was had 2 accounts on spotyfiy, 1 normal from mail and second signed in from facebook. On this 2. i activated free month premium. After format and reinstall spot...
  • CryticalAce
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

volume changes on desktop app

On my desktop app, the volume and the quality lowers/weakens when Spotify isn't my active window.If I click to another application, the volume lowers and I lose the "richness" of the song; lose the base and mid, like it's being played without the bas...

• Casual Listener
  • On my desktop app, the volume and the quality lowers/weakens when Spotify isn't my active window. If I click to another application, the volume lowers and I lose the "richness" of the song; los...
  • Goldenprei
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes