Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

No local files

Hi,I have installed spotify new again and now it don't show me the songs (0 songs) on my computer (local files), although I've added the source in the options.

• Regular
  • Hi, I have installed spotify new again and now it don't show me the songs (0 songs) on my computer (local files), although I've added the source in the options.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ajuda com os arquivos locais

Mesmo desmarcando todas as pastas, os meus arquivos locais não mudam, não importando o que eu faça. Já tentei praticamente tudo que é possivel mas as musicas não mudam, não entrando nenhuma nova nem saindo.Além disso, gostaria de saber como excluir m...

• Mesmo desmarcando todas as pastas, os meus arquivos locais não mudam, não importando o que eu faça. Já tentei praticamente tudo que é possivel mas as musicas não mudam, não entrando nenhuma nova nem ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading a playlist does not work

Hey,I tried downloading my 3 albums with a total of around 300 songs but i can only download the first album that has around 19 songs. when i try to download the other the. the download goes super fast (too fast for a regular download). and then it g...

• Hey, I tried downloading my 3 albums with a total of around 300 songs but i can only download the first album that has around 19 songs. when i try to download the other the. the download goes super ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

"This song is not available." Every song is skipped.

I get this error on literally every song on every playlist/album/etc: "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." I am on Windows 7 using the desktop application. This issue is intermittent, but frequent. So...

• I get this error on literally every song on every playlist/album/etc: "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."   I am on Windows 7 using the deskt...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Banner ads playing over music

When in Desktop mode, the rolling banner ads that have sound play over the music. I don't see any way to mute or alter the ads. Pretty much destroys the experience.

• When in Desktop mode, the rolling banner ads that have sound play over the music. I don't see any way to mute or alter the ads. Pretty much destroys the experience.
  • ECameo
  • 11 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 7 likes

Spotify won't download on my Sony.

I am trying to download Spotfiy onto my desktop but every time I do, it says that it is running but not responding. How am I able to fix this? I have deleted it and re-downloaded it but it still comes up with the same issue. Any help would be appreci...

• Casual Listener
  • I am trying to download Spotfiy onto my desktop but every time I do, it says that it is running but not responding. How am I able to fix this? I have deleted it and re-downloaded it but it still come...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashing windows 10

Hi, Iv recently installed spotify on my windows 10 desktop computer and while in the process of installing it crashed my network, when trying to repair the network connection through windows it crashed my computer, when it restarded back into windows...

• Hi,  Iv recently installed spotify on my windows 10 desktop computer and while in the process of installing it crashed my network, when trying to repair the network connection through wind...
  • cadmielp
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

greyed out local files

I added local files to my songs section of "your music". At some point I deleted the files from my computer intentionally. Now those songs are greyed out in the songs section. I also want to remove them from the songs list. Which is not possible. Now...

• Casual Listener
  • I added local files to my songs section of "your music". At some point I deleted the files from my computer intentionally. Now those songs are greyed out in the songs section. I also want to remove t...
  • Felicias9
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[solved] Spotify Crash on Windows 10 during startup/slowdown

Dear Users, I have experienced freezes on my Win 10 PC when starting Spotify. I found also the root of the issue: My Windows Music-Library (where my local music resides) refers to a NAS(Network-Assisted Storage) device. Deleting the local-files.bnk C...

• Dear Users,   I have experienced freezes on my Win 10 PC when starting Spotify. I found also the root of the issue: My Windows Music-Library (where my local music resides) refers to a NAS(Netw...
  • St3v3s4n
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! The shuffle shuffle

Sure this has been beat to death but I'm a drummer so we'll beat it some more. I listened to all of my songs in order, took a long time. Now that I've done that I'd like to listen randomly. As I recall that used to mean play songs across my list, wel...

• Gig Goer
  • Sure this has been beat to death but I'm a drummer so we'll beat it some more. I listened to all of my songs in order, took a long time. Now that I've done that I'd like to listen randomly. As I reca...
  • jnj1
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

Per Rorey's message here, please could you at least create an Inbox playlist for me to retrieve what's possible? I started a thread here asking if there was a plan to be able to retrieve that valuable data - https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-M...

• Music Fan
  • Per Rorey's message here, please could you at least create an Inbox playlist for me to retrieve what's possible?   I started a thread here asking if there was a plan to be able to retrieve ...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Releasing Bluetooth speakers

I have a BEM Mojo bluetooth speaker, and Spotify (basic, playing online) has taken possession of it and won't let go. I have instructed my PC laptop to disconnect and to forget the speaker, and then reconnected, and it is still tied to Spotify so tha...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a BEM Mojo bluetooth speaker, and Spotify (basic, playing online) has taken possession of it and won't let go. I have instructed my PC laptop to disconnect and to forget the speaker, and then ...
  • andrew_b_irvine
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music not playing on my win10 PC in either desktop application or web player... help?

Hi. Gang, I really don't want to cancel spotify, but it's useless if it doesn't actually play on anything but my phone to me. My account must be okay, its working on my phone ... but i can't get it to play anything on desktop anymore,,, this started ...

• Hi. Gang, I really don't want to cancel spotify, but it's useless if it doesn't actually play on anything but my phone to me.   My account must be okay, its working on my phone ... but i can't...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Plays" Statistic

In the windows web player, there is a column when you play a song that says "plays".Sometimes, it says 1,123,400 plays. Or some other number.How is this calculated? Every month? every day? Every week?Its impressive, but it seems to be a number withou...

• Music Fan
  • In the windows web player, there is a column when you play a song that says "plays". Sometimes, it says 1,123,400 plays.  Or some other number. How is this calculated? Every month? every day?&...
  • TStarkMark46
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Question about the players, "Hearts" And "check marks"

Hey all -whats the difference when between the spotify app's (android) "Heart" and the desktop "check mark". Both seem to have some sort of "Save" functionality. Question may be very simple, thanks for your help,

• Music Fan
  • Hey all - whats the difference when between the spotify app's (android) "Heart" and the desktop "check mark".  Both seem to have some sort of "Save" functionality.   Question may be very...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Windows App & Snap Assist

When using Snap Assist in Windows 10 (drag to an edge and window snaps to half screen, quarter screen, etc.), the Spotify desktop app will create a small gap along the side and top of the window instead of actually snapping flush with the edge of the...

• When using Snap Assist in Windows 10 (drag to an edge and window snaps to half screen, quarter screen, etc.), the Spotify desktop app will create a small gap along the side and top of the window inst...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Cannot click + icon on imported playlist

Why cannot i click the + icon to like the song on an imported playlist? I can understand it if the song and album were really obscure but the song and album in question are very available. Song: Rumor Has ItArtist: AdeleAlbum: 21 See attachment

• Regular
  • Why cannot i click the + icon to like the song on an imported playlist?   I can understand it if the song and album were really obscure but the song and album in question are very available. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Main site defaulting to German

I live in the US. I don't use a proxy. My account location says United States. My language in the program and app is set to English. Despite ALL of this, http://www.spotify.com/ still redirects to .com/de/ against my best efforts to prevent it. I can...

• Casual Listener
  • I live in the US. I don't use a proxy. My account location says United States. My language in the program and app is set to English. Despite ALL of this, http://www.spotify.com/ still redirects to .c...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

Error message: Can't play current song.

I was playing a song from my playlist using the desktop app when suddenly a blue bar appeared at the top of the screen and it says "Cannot play current song". I have internet connection though and I'm on premium. It's not really a big deal but I'm ju...

• Music Fan
  • I was playing a song from my playlist using the desktop app when suddenly a blue bar appeared at the top of the screen and it says "Cannot play current song". I have internet connection though and I'...
  • hotnspicyyyyyy
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! TEST

TEST

• TEST
  • hotnspicyyyyyy
  • Roadie