Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't open. I double click the desktop app and it does nothing.

Spotify won't open. I double click the desktop app and it does nothing.

I installed Spotify and it won't open. It doesn't show up in the task manager either (not for a second). When I double click it the only thing that happens is my mouse cursor goes "loading" for a split second. I tried changing compatibility mode, running as admin, re-installing.. im going insane. I use windows 10.

3 Replies

Hey @backdown1, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here.

You can also check this guide if you want to perform a more thorough uninstallation of Spotify.

If that didn't do the trick I'd recommend to try to and install the Spotify app from the Windows Store 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

Hello, thanks for your reply. I uninstalled and re-installed Spotify to the same effect.

Sadly I cant access the Windows Store through my OS (don't have it installed? i really don't know if you have to download it, nevertheless, Spotify doesn't shows up in the app list in the microsoft app website).

My spotify version is 0.96.181.gf6bc1b6 and my OS is Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB.

Please, help

Suggested posts