Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't open

Spotify won't open

Recently, I have been experiencing problems opening Spotify program, with nothing happening when opening the app. The problem started simultaneously on 3 different computers and different OSs (Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04). After a few reinstalls, I managed to fix the problem on Ubuntu, but the problem persists on Windows 10 machines. Of note, Spotify installed under different user works fine on the same computer. So it seems to have something to do with my user account.

On Windows 10, when I click Spotify icon, nothing happens. The program starts for a second in the task manager, but then closes without error message.  I have tried uninstalling the app, then reinstalling using the downloadable from Spotify website. Also tried installing from Microsoft store.  Did not help. I have also tried deleting Appdata/Roaming/Spotify folder and every other Spotify folder I could find on my computer. Also tried forcing log out from Spotify website. Did not help either.

Any ideas what I should do to get Spotify work on my PCs?

2 Replies

Same here. I get an error every time I try to reinstall it as well.

I managed to fix the thing finally (but not thanks to Spotify team!).

I had Spotify installed from Microsoft app store, went to the app store and chose to move the Spotify to another disk I had. Next I uninstalled Spotify and went to Linux to delete the Spotify folders manually, as I couldn't delete them from Windows. Then I installed Spotify again from the webpage (not app store). Works. For now.

Suggested posts