Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't show certain things, random colours appearing

Solved!

Spotify won't show certain things, random colours appearing

I've had this problem for some time. For the last few months, apps like MusiXmatch would only show the screen you can see on the picture below. I can still interact with the things that are supposed to be there. Up to now, this wasn't a big problem, but since the update, the same thing is happening with artist pages, which is very annoying.

I've updated my video card driver software but it doens't seem to help. Can anyone help?

Spotifyfout.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It's also worth trying to launch the client like outlined here to see if you get the same issue:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Spotify-quits-by-itself-every-time-I-open...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi. What operating system are you using?

Windows 8. And my video card is AMD Radeon hd 7640g + 7670M Dual graphics

Let's see if we can't get this fixed. Can you change the hardware acceleration setting in spotify settings from whatever it is set to now then log outt and back in.

If you still get the same issue, please follow the steps in this post which relates to a different error but will ensure you start with a totally clean installation. Let me know if that helped.

Marked as solution

It's also worth trying to launch the client like outlined here to see if you get the same issue:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Spotify-quits-by-itself-every-time-I-open...

Peter

I launched it through "Run" and the problem's fixed! Is there any way I can make Spotify start with those setting automatically?

Thanks for the help Jwylot and Peter!

On my system, I have some different startup options for Spotify all saved as separate icons on my desktop. (I have never tried to get it to auto-start with the settings I always launch manually by double clicking the icon).

What I normally do:
1. Select the "Spotify" icon on your desktop.
2. Copy and Paste it onto your desktop so you now have a copy of it.
3. Right click on the new copy, select Properties.
4. Add the extra flags (in your case "--disable-accelerated-layers --disable-accelerated-fixed-root-background" without the quotes) to the end of the Shortcut > Target box.
5. Press OK.

That icon should then launch Spotify in the same way as the run command.

Peter

Suggested posts