Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starting Spotify Connect on Windows Desktop App

Starting Spotify Connect on Windows Desktop App

Hi,

I read in this forum that Spotify Connect has been implemented to the Windows Desktop App.

But how to START Spotify Connect via my Windows 10 Computer? The "Other Devices" menue is not active.

Spotify Connect activation only works via Android Smartphone and after this I also can use it via Spotify Desptop?

Spotify Premium

Latest Windows 10 version on Surface Pro 2017

4 Replies

Hey @TREVA

Spotify Connect will detect and enlist any device running Spotify with your account logged in. It will also find your paired speakers, such as Sonos.

When none of the devices are currently available, Spotify Connect's list stays empty.

But as soon as you open the web player for example, you'll see that in the device list right away.

You can also read this article for more information. 🙂

If you need more help, let me know!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Sebasty,

thanks for prompt reply.

When I open Spotify Desktop App OR Web Browser (Firefox), NO device will be detected.

So I open the Spotify app at my Android Smartphone, because there I can see ALL connected devices. So I choose my Chromecast connected to my HiFi-System.

ONLY AFTER THIS I can use Chromecast or other devices via Desktop app AND Webbrowser.

In each case I have to use the Android Spotify App first.

Is there a possibility to avoid this detour?

Greetings

Frank

Spotify.PNG

@TREVA

Unfortunately Chromecast won't show up in desktop's device list. Here's the Idea thread for this with the current update for this.

Spotify will let know in that thread when they redecide on this suggestion. Also, feel free to leave your feedback in there. 🙂

Sorry about that; have a nice day!

SebastySpotify Star

Good news!

You can now find Chromecast in the connect "devices available" menu in the Spotify desktop app and browser web player. Now you can cast your music to Chromecast from the desktop app without having to use the iOS or Android app.

Make sure your Spotify desktop app is up to date

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts