Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starting a song, short loop in the beginning (windows desktop)

Starting a song, short loop in the beginning (windows desktop)

Plan

Free

Country

Germany

Device

Windows PC, Desktop App (exe)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When i launch the program and start a song right away, it will start playing for 2-3 seconds and then i get a loop and second 2-3 are played again, but the song will not start  completely from the beginning, then it plays normally and so do all songs afterwards.

except if i choose another playlist for example and start another song manually, then it will happen again.

but also not always, sometimes it works sometimes not.

never seen this problem before, until i updated the porgram today.

is this a known issue? i couldnt find anything.

thanks

316 Replies

I have a similar situation here - after the most recent update this occurs although for me the audio jumps/loops 5 to 6 seconds into a song.

Yep, I can confirm that this is happening on my end too. And this bug was introduced as a result of the latest update. I'm on Spotify for Windows 1.1.81.604.gccacfc8c.

Downloaded the Desktop app from the Spotify website and not the app store.

Thanks for reporting this so I don't have to.

Thank you both for confirming it. i thought im going crazy since a friend doesn't has it, or at least doesn't notice it.

Same thing has been happening to me. I hope they fix it quickly.

It's never been a problem for me in the previous versions and now it's a problem in the latest version as of 3/19/22 (1.1.81.604.gccacfc8c)

It doesn't stutter anymore after the first time, only does it whenever a song repeats, changes and whenever you manually pick a song. I also reinstalled Spotify, but it didn't fix the problem.

Wish one of the moderators/employees would acknowledge and/or confirm this issue. At the moment I don't even know if they're aware of it and are working on a fix for the next updates.

Yes, same problem

yup same issue

Same thing happened to me, its like cutting itself and goes back with 1-2 seconds creating a loop that keeps repeating 2-3 times at the beginning of the song. This hasn't happened before so I suppose it's from the new update.

Plan

Free

Country

Turkey

Device

Asus PC

Operating System

Windows 10 

my spotify is from the website, i got an update after that spotify is like in beta. 

When i play a music sometimes it repeats a part of the music again 'til i change to another one, and this happens so often that it makes me hate spotify. Sometimes lyrics become not compatible. And sound thing is reaally buggy, when i try to lower the sound a lot and when it comes near to the mute level it acts like its on mute and bugs spotify (spotify stops responding for 10 secs or so) And i tried to restart my device, re download spotify,

log out and log in none works.

Here is my about spotify thing->Spotify for Windows
1.1.81.604.gccacfc8c

I have the same issue and I can't find the option where I can clear the cache of the app which seemed to solve it. 

How do you clear the cache for Spotify?

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

Windows PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Whenever I have a song on repeat on the app, after it repeats once, the song at around 5 seconds repeat a beat around the length of a second. This problem doesn't happen on the website for me, only the app. I've tried resetting and reinstalling the app multiple times and it still didn't fix it. (I tried to post this once before and I'm not sure if it posted or not so I'm trying it again, so if the original did post, please ignore this post.)

The same is happening to me, if someone knows how to fix it please let us with the problem know. Its annoying hearing the first beat repeat.

Same! Every time I'm like 3-4 seconds in a song it just keeps looping that part I hate it, glad I'm not the only person having this issue

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting here.

It's a good idea to give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. This one is more thorough than the usual one.

In case you're using the app from our website, you can try downloading it from the Microsoft store to see if that makes a difference.

If nothing changes, could you please send us a video recording of the issue? We'll look into this further.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan

Free

Country

India

Device

Windows 7 Ultimate

My Question or Issue

This problem exists only on my computer. I have tried listening to songs on my android but its all fine. The problem is that ALL songs after 6-7s mark, it keeps looking for about 4-5 seconds. To clarify, the audio of the 6th to 7th second keeps replaying for 4 or 5 seconds before the song continues normally. I like to listen to songs on spotify very much so its very disturbing and irritating.

Hey @unclerk,

Thanks for posting here.

The troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to add a few more.

We'd suggest you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. This one is more thorough than the usual one. Are there any changes?

It's also a good idea to try downloading the app from the Microsoft store to see if that makes a difference.

If nothing changes, could you please share with us a video recording of what you're seeing? Just make sure any sensitive or private info is hidden. We'll look into this further.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My Question or Issue

My Spotify shutters and plays the last lyric or two again after 8 seconds of each song playback. I have already uninstalled and installed multiple times, Cleared Cache, Installed through Microsoft Store but it didn't solve the issue. It started about a Day ago and isn't stopping. It happens near the same time stamp during each song. I have been using Spotify for a year and never experienced this issue until yesterday.

Device

Lenovo Legion 5i

Operating System

Windows 10

Suggested posts