Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The way Spotify determines an active internet connection has to be a joke, right?

The way Spotify determines an active internet connection has to be a joke, right?

I've been on Spotify for just 3 days and today I got the infamous "no internet connection" error while having an active internet connection, for which countless threads exist, and yet none of them did anything for me.

Though I did find one thread which heavily implied that Spotify just looks at the internet connection icon in the taskbar, and if that icon says "no internet access" then Spotify does nothing to further determine if that icon is actually telling the truth or not.

For some reason the icon in the taskbar on my Win10 is always being displayed as "no internet access" for most of the time despite having a perfect internet connection, and Spotify is the only software I've ever had which refuses to work under those "conditions" of a puny taskbar icon saying "no internet access" and just throws the hands in the air like "that icon is saying no internet access so I don't need to ping my servers to determine if that really is true or not".

I just saw it unfolding before me: for a short time the taskbar icon was on "internet access" and Spotify worked, but the moment the taskbar icon was on "no internet access" Spotify immediately went into the "no internet access" error, something which doesn't bother any other software like a running remote desktop via VPN, a Youtube song or a running MMORPG at all.

What a joke.

Thankfully it's only a 1 month sub using a prepaid card.

1 Reply

Hey there @p1881

The Windows Networking Manager is attempting to ping servers and verify a connection by several methods, and there must be a reason why it is not able to do so.

We suggest that you contact the Customer Support for your IPS and computer.

If you have any questions we're always happy to assist.

Cheers 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts