Premium (Telekom Germany)

Country

Germany

Device

PC

Operating System

Win10

My Question or Issue

I've had problems with Spotify for a few months now. Spotify thinks my PC is offline and shows me error code 4.

Today I uninstalled Spotify and deleted all remaining settings and the cache. Then I reinstalled the current version. Unfortunately no improvement.

At first my login was always rejected (error code: accesspoint: 39). After closing Spotify and opening it again, the login suddenly worked. Spotify continues to say I'm offline and shows error code 4.

But: Spotify no longer shows me playlists. However, it shows me the current status of the web player that I am currently running in parallel.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

To anyone seeing this, I found the solution.
This occurs when you have more than one ethernet interface in your computer.
Quit Spotify. Press WinKey+R, type "ncpa.cpl", then right click and disable any ethernet interface that's not your actual internet connection. Then reopen Spotify and it should work!

I've had VMware interfaces, it seems like Spotify tries to access the internet through them.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Experiencing the same issue..

I also have this problem, basically whenever my computer goes into standby it occurs and generally restarting my computer or turning the VPN off and on a bunch of times will fix it. Turned off Windows Firewall and the VPN and was still having this amazing and fun issue 

Marked as solution

To anyone seeing this, I found the solution.
This occurs when you have more than one ethernet interface in your computer.
Quit Spotify. Press WinKey+R, type "ncpa.cpl", then right click and disable any ethernet interface that's not your actual internet connection. Then reopen Spotify and it should work!

I've had VMware interfaces, it seems like Spotify tries to access the internet through them.

Suggested posts