Premium Family

Country

Sweden

Device

Laptop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have a laptop that I often move between a couple of different external monitors, having different Windows zoom levels (100 %, 125 %) and also the laptop's built in screen has a separate zoom level (175 %).

When I do such moves, Spotify's title bar gets mangled, as can be seen in attached screen dump.

I haven't investigated exact steps to reproduce, but I'm pretty sure it happens if you log in with a 100 % zoom screen attached and configured as primary screen, have SPotify on that screen, then disconnet, so all windows are moved to the built-in screen (175 % zoom), then attach a different external monitor (125 % zoom) and get Spotify displayed on that one.

In particular, the minimize button has disappeared.

It doesn't help to close Spotify and open it again. The problem persists.

5 Replies

Killing the Spotify.exe processes from Task Manager and then starting Spotify again does solve the issue for that session.

I guess I have the same problem.

Plan

Premium Duo

Country

Germany

OS

Windows 10

Device

Laptop with Intel CPU and Nvidia dedicated GPU

I am regularly docking / undocking my laptop using external monitors with 100% scaling instead of 200% on the laptop screen.

The "Hamburger Menu" also renders incorrectly.

See attached screenshot.

grafik.png

Hi folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you try to zoom in/out a few times and see if the issue persists when the elements are resized?

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Since I manually killed all Spotify processes the problem hasn't reoccurred, so I am unable to verify that the suggested solution helps.

Looks like it got fixed. It didn't occur for quite some time.

Suggested posts