Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Toolbar Icon Stuck Loading

Toolbar Icon Stuck Loading

Hi there,

The Spotify toolbar icon in Windows 7 seems to be stuck loading (little green bar on the left). It remains like this even after restarting my computer. It does not seem to affect performance in other ways but may be indicative of a bug and is annoying so I thought it was worth mentioning.

See attached.

All the best,

Oisin

spotify.JPG
26 Replies

My friend and I have the same green bar on the left. I don't know that it's indicative of something stuck in loading, but I agree it's annoying whether a bug or design choice.

annoying.png

The same thing has been happening to me since updating this afternoon.

poiuytr.PNG

Yeah the reason I think it's a loading bar is that other icons do the same thing for loading (green progress bar moving across icon) but interesting idea that it could be a design choice. I hope it's not.

I have the same problem and it's been bugging me lately. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Capture.PNG

Also experiencing this after the latest update (Windows 7 Professional using Spotify version 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc)

a progress bar appears, but Spotify (1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc) doesn't download anything

problem is after autoupdate

Screenshot_1.png

Mine is also stuck with the green bar on the left of the icon. IIRC, with the same update I also got some semi-transparent bar on top of the window when it is maximized. It seems to me that they reworked a little on the GUI targeting Windows 10, and it affected Win 7 integration.

spotify_screenshot.PNG

Hey @knockergrowl

I have that green bit as well since the latest update, but this transparent top bar is odd and I don't seem to get it.

I guess by reinstalling the app it might go away.

If you want to try clean reinstall - this is how it's done:

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.

2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.

3. Restart your computer.

4. Now reinstall Spotify.

Let me know what happens!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same problem. Actually reinstalled the app recently due to a whole different issue, but the taskbar progress problem persists.

My Spotify updated today and I have the same problem. Version 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc Win7 x64, ThinkPad W530

Also odd note, once this updated, my volume controls on my keyboard no longer work when the Spotify window is selected or in focus. I have tried a lot of fixes for this mentioned elsewhere (disable Windows Media Network thing in services, Uninstall/Reinstall Spotify, Refreshed my keyboard driver, I don't have Google Play extension, etc).

Thanks!

JB

I've got the same issue on Windows 7 since the recent GUI update.

I have the same issue.

+1 have some issue (w7x64sp1)
i've get back to old desktop version (1.0.73.345) and disable auto-update (readonly clear txt file update.json > \AppData\Local\Spotify\Update\update.json)

Windows 7 64-bit, same issue after updating to 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc.
Running Spotify as admin results in showing a normal icon in the taskbar. Closing and running Spotify without admin brings back the loading bar.

Even on 1.0.77.338 version, the bug persists ffs.

Is there any other way to submit feedback to Spotify? This needs to get fixed.

bug still exists in version 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 😐

Screenshot_1.png

Same issue, Windows 7. Also have the little green loading bar on the icon. It is fairly annoying.

I thought maybe they were implementing this idea that had been posted in September 2017. They're most of the way there :). https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Show-progress-of-song-in-Task-Bar/idi-p/2010488

Hi @Sebasty,

I followed your steps to reinstall Spotify (version 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 is the latest I tried), but it didn't work. The window still shows this glass bar (Windows Aero) on top when it's maximized as well as the green line in the task bar icon.

Thanks, anyway.

Suggested posts