Premium

Country

UK

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

Spotify says there is an update from 1.1.32.618 to 11.33.569. When I quit Spotiy and restart it, it runs the update everytime, which fails due to error code 12 insufficient memory or drive space. I have plenty of free disk space, the PC has 8GB ram, plenty to run an update program. How do I stop this failed/faulty update running every time so I can use Spotiy?

At the moment I have to go to appdata\local\spotify and delete the update folder containing the spotify installer program. I have to do this EVERY SINGLE TIME I wish to use the program.

How do I get the installer/update to complete successfully, or is there a way to disaable this update until another one that works is released?

1 Reply

OK, I have it sorted now. In case anyone else has issues:- 

I have a PC with 8GB ram but as I am running Windows 732 bit, the OS only sees 4GB.

n-installing and re-installing does not work, you just loose the working version you have.

The issue is lack of free memory. Close any programs you have running, including any anti-virus software and browsers. Run the install file from your downloaded folder.

Just hope this doesn't happen with the next update.

Suggested posts