Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify not responding

I have problem with Spotify.It did not respond.Task manager solution? It don't work.Reinstallation? It don't work.So please.Help me.Thanks.

• Regular
  • I have problem with Spotify. It did not respond. Task manager solution? It don't work. Reinstallation? It don't work. So please. Help me. Thanks.
  • ListeningDuck
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why can't I change my playlist cover when I have the desktop app? I can change everything else?

I used to be able to change it on the web player which was great because I have a chromebook and they didn't have a compatible app for my system until recently. Now, I don't even have the option to change it, either on the web player or the new deskt...

• I used to be able to change it on the web player which was great because I have a chromebook and they didn't have a compatible app for my system until recently. Now, I don't even have the option to c...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Bug] Clicking on album left lower corner does not sets view on correct position

My Question or IssueWhen clicking on the left lower side on the song you are currently playing, the view of the playlist does not go to the correct position:As you can see, the song currently playing is "Das Grosse Flimmern" by "Extrawelt". However I...

Screenshot_1.png
  • Regular
  • My Question or Issue When clicking on the left lower side on the song you are currently playing, the view of the playlist does not go to the correct position: As you can see, the song currently...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! iTunes import missing?

Running Spotify 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 - could have sworn before there was a) a file menu, and b) an option to import iTunes playlists through the file menu.Now I can't find the itunes import option.

• Casual Listener
  • Running Spotify 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 - could have sworn before there was a) a file menu, and b) an option to import iTunes playlists through the file menu. Now I can't find the itunes import op...
  • tomyardley-au
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs are playing but I can't hear anything

I've tried unplugging and plugging in my headset, I've tried changing my output device, I've tried uninstalling and installing, I've checked the volume on spotify and in the volume mixer and I've tried listening to songs on the browser version but no...

• Visitor
  • I've tried unplugging and plugging in my headset, I've tried changing my output device, I've tried uninstalling and installing, I've checked the volume on spotify and in the volume mixer and I've tri...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unavailable songs in playlists - Offline still possible?

Hello,I noticed, that there are a few songs in my library, which I can't hear anymore, because they have a new status "unavailable songs in playlists".What would happen, if i download the songs before? Could I still listen to these songs in OFFLINE M...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I noticed, that there are a few songs in my library, which I can't hear anymore, because they have a new status "unavailable songs in playlists". What would happen, if i download the songs b...
  • Andreas2019
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • unavailable songs in playlists
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify believes there is no internet connection

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify believes that there is no internet connection and says "Offline", the only way to resolve this issue,I found, is to restart my PC. But this happens so frequentl...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify believes that there is no internet connection and says "Offline", the only way to re...
  • himmelswanderer
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

APP Desktop Windows not works anymore

From begin 2020 the Windows Desktop APP pf Spotify don't works anymore. I try to uninstall and install again but without solutions. The app don't open... Plan PremiumCountry Italy Device PCOperating System Windows 10

• Visitor
  • From begin 2020 the Windows Desktop APP pf Spotify don't works anymore. I try to uninstall and install again but without solutions. The app don't open...   Plan Premium Country Italy &nbsp...
  • interrupt21h
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't play on desktop or web player

PlanFreeCountryuk Operating Systemwindows 10 My Question or IssueI can't get any songs to play on my personal computer except ones which I already have downloaded. I have reinstalled multiple times, cleared cache etc, disabled hardware accelleration ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country uk   Operating System windows 10   My Question or Issue I can't get any songs to play on my personal computer except ones which I already have downloaded. I have ...
  • trace_hunter
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Particular playlist radio station cannot be started

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows 10 Heyo.So for some reason, the radio station for a particular playlist cannot be started. It's been working previously, and it works on all my other playlists except this one. Which just so happens to be the only o...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Operating System Windows 10   Heyo. So for some reason, the radio station for a particular playlist cannot be started. It's been working previously, and it works on all my oth...
  • JB447
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Daily Mixes does not have dislike button

PlanPremiumCountryLVDevice(Samsung Galaxy S10e, Lenovo Legion Y-720, HP Elitebook G5)Operating System(Android 10, Windows 10) My Question or IssueFirst on desktop dislike button disappears for daily mixes, now laso for android disappears. "Release Ra...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country LV Device (Samsung Galaxy S10e, Lenovo Legion Y-720, HP Elitebook G5) Operating System (Android 10, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue First on desktop dislik...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Connect spotify to facebook to find friends?

PlanFree/PremiumCountryMXDevice(App desk)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueI still have the same problem for two years. To find friends on spotify I must connect it to my Facebook account, after that I get a connection error message th...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country MX Device (App desk) Operating System (Windows 10)       My Question or Issue I still have the same problem for two years. To find friends on spot...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify redownloading somgs

I have a usb hard drive and a ssd. The ssd is the main storage device, but doesn';t have a lot of space. i have about 500 songs downloaded, which would take up more space on the ssd than i am comfortable giving. occasionally the hard drive gets disco...

• I have a usb hard drive and a ssd. The ssd is the main storage device, but doesn';t have a lot of space. i have about 500 songs downloaded, which would take up more space on the ssd than i am comfort...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify stopped working and usual fixes do not resolve problem

I've been using Spotify on my laptop through my Behringer Audio system (USB box with ASIO drivers) and external speakers for more than a year. Nothing has changed on my system. The device still works with music production software. But, Spotify no lo...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been using Spotify on my laptop through my Behringer Audio system (USB box with ASIO drivers) and external speakers for more than a year. Nothing has changed on my system. The device still works...
  • daudvyd
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback / Skip issues.

PlanFree Premium trialCountryEnglandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHaving strange playback issues after about a week of using spotify on my PC. Cannot change the track to what I want with a premium trial account (It used to wo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Premium trial Country England Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Having strange playback issues after about a week of using spotify on my PC. Cannot...
  • Mykeh
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • playback skip issue
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Album artwork won't display when I'm on employer's network, but I can stream audio...what to do?

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceDell laptop. 32 gigs of ram, i7 processor, 1TB SSHD with only 176 GB usedOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI'm trying to use the windows PC app to stream while at work and it will not display album artwo...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Free Country United States Device Dell laptop.  32 gigs of ram, i7 processor, 1TB SSHD with only 176 GB used Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm trying t...
  • nocomply65
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • album artwork
    networking
    streaming
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Starts even though its already been disabled in advanced options.

PlanPremiumCountryIrelandDeviceCustom BuildOperating SystemWindow 10 Pro N for Workstations 1909My Question or IssueI'm having an issue where no matter what I do Spotify starts when the computer starts. Love Spotify, just one of those things I cant l...

• Plan Premium Country Ireland Device Custom Build Operating System Window 10 Pro N for Workstations 1909 My Question or Issue I'm having an issue where no matter what I do Spotify starts when...
  • thomasabowden
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts will stop playing randomly

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhenever I listen to podcasts using spotify it will randomly stop playing and give me a blue error message saying "Can't play the current song." The time it ta...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Whenever I listen to podcasts using spotify it will randomly stop playing and give ...
  • MamaHarrell
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution ''Spotfy nao consegue tocar isso no momento''

PlanFree/PremiumCountryBrasilDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueAlgumas das minhas músicas estão com os seus nomes mais escurinhos e,além disso,ao invés...

• Plan Free/Premium Country Brasil Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Algumas...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes