Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Using the Spotify logo in a custom playlist cover

Solved!

Using the Spotify logo in a custom playlist cover

My Question or Issue

Hey, I was designing some custom covers for my playlist the other day, and I noticed that most playlists by Spotify have the little Spotify icon in the upper left corner. I added it to my own design just for fun, but it turns out it looks really good on there! Now I was wondering, am I allowed to upload a design with the Spotify logo as a cover for my own playlists, or does that violate any terms or copyright?

The design I made is attached below.

Playlist - Party Hard - Logo.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @PXJesse, welcome to the Community 🙂

I'd suggest this article for more information. According to that, it's not advisable to use Spotify logos on user playlists. It may confuse other users, for example they may think that you're Spotify's playlist editor.

Your playlist cover looks nice without the Spotify logo as well. It seems you have your own logo there which fits nicely.

Hope this helps, have a nice day!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @PXJesse, welcome to the Community 🙂

I'd suggest this article for more information. According to that, it's not advisable to use Spotify logos on user playlists. It may confuse other users, for example they may think that you're Spotify's playlist editor.

Your playlist cover looks nice without the Spotify logo as well. It seems you have your own logo there which fits nicely.

Hope this helps, have a nice day!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

If like me you never post or share playlists I guess it dosent matter? But as you've used transparency effects and yours look gr8 anyway? Just use your own icons, maybe a varied selection according to genre?

Suggested posts