Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Artist not showing on Local Files

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I have recently downloaded 164 songs from SoundCloud which I intended to put into Spotify as it is much easier for me. All of the songs have imported fine, but they are n...

• Plan Premium Country   United States Operating System Windows 10  My Question or Issue     I have recently downloaded 164 songs from SoundCloud which I intended to put i...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • artist
    local files
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback is in wrong order after sorting "See all songs" in a search

This is for Spotify on Windows 10. Can't sort songs in searches on Android, so not sure if it applies to other platforms. If you search for a song, and click on "See all songs", you can play any of them; if you sort the list and click on the first so...

• Casual Listener
  • This is for Spotify on Windows 10. Can't sort songs in searches on Android, so not sure if it applies to other platforms.    If you search for a song, and click on "See all songs", you ca...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Activity bar problem

Hello guys I have weird problem with activity bar. Since two months friends keep telling me that they don't see what music I listen to, how to change that? I already reinstaled spotify. Ps. My private session is off.

• Hello guys I have weird problem with activity bar. Since two months friends keep telling me that they don't see what music I listen to, how to change that? I already reinstaled spotify.  Ps. My...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle is disabled when I select a song from the playlist

PlanPremiumCountry NLDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueWhen I click on a song in my playlist, then the shuffle option is canceled. I would like to continue to listen to the rest of the playlist on shuffle,

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country  NL Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue When I click on a song in my playlist, then the shuffle option is canceled. I would like to conti...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    itsucks
    Win10
    Windows 10
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

plays song not clicked instead of clicked and in different order

1. I search for a song.2. I click see all in the songs div.3. I change the order of the songs clicking on any column header.4. I click in any row and the song played is the one that was on the position before reordering. The order they are played is ...

• 1. I search for a song. 2. I click see all in the songs div. 3. I change the order of the songs clicking on any column header. 4. I click in any row and the song played is the ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't change songs (PREMIUM USER *(since 4-5years lol)*)

Hello, i have a weird issue.It looks like Spotify has a problem with Windows 10 Pro 64bit.I changed a song using my keyboard media buttons (Wooting ONE) and it started skipping all my songs. I mean it went from the top to the bottom skipping songs li...

• Regular
  • Hello, i have a weird issue. It looks like Spotify has a problem with Windows 10 Pro 64bit. I changed a song using my keyboard media buttons (Wooting ONE) and it started skipping all my songs. I ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows 10 sporadic "error code 4"

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceHP DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe Spotify application sporadically (1/3 to 1/2 of the time) comes up with the error "No internet connection detected. Spotify will automatically try to reconnect wh...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US  Device HP Desktop Operating System Windows 10    My Question or Issue The Spotify application sporadically (1/3 to 1/2 of the time) comes up with the...
  • wminner
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

One band playing more often than others

PlanFree/PremiumCountry USDevice(iPhone Operating System(iOS 12, Windows 10) My Question or Issue Over the past month or so, I have noticed that Spotify will play one band in particular way more often than any other band on my playlist. I have listen...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country  US Device (iPhone 😎 Operating System (iOS 12, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue  Over the past month or so, I have noticed that Spotify will play...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Not Maintaining Window Size & Position

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue The application window, when opened from the system tray, doesn't maintain its previous sizing. This means that if you open the application, maximize the window, an...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  The application window, when opened from the system tray, doesn't maintain its...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Some Local Files say "Spotify can't play this right now.", but work on my phone

PlanPremiumCountry AustraliaDeviceiPhone 8, PCOperating SystemiOS 10 on iPhone, Windows 10 64-bit on PC My Question or Issue So I've recently downloaded a bunch of songs by Lil Peep (since most of them don't appear on Spotify). Almost all of them wor...

• Plan Premium Country  Australia Device iPhone 8, PC Operating System iOS 10 on iPhone, Windows 10 64-bit on PC   My Question or Issue  So I've recently downloaded a bunch of ...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts Do Not Sort by New Episodes

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceLonovo ThinkPadOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue On the android app, when I go to the podcasts in my library, it is very easy to sort by ones that have most recently added new episodes - Your Library>Podcasts...

• Plan Premium Country USA  Device Lonovo ThinkPad Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  On the android app, when I go to the podcasts in my library, it is very e...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 21 likes

Superuser Contribution Start off where you left

PlanPremiumCountryNorway Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have been a Spotify subscriber since many many years now. Although the music collection and device connection possiblitities are great, I've always found the UI to be hard to u...

• Plan Premium Country Norway   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have been a Spotify subscriber since many many years now. Although the music collection and devic...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify won't let me play anything in my library

For some reason on the Chromebook desktop app, I am unable to play any music that's in my library. I can listen to playlists just fine and everything else works, I've tried everything I can think of. I've shut down and restarted my computer, I logged...

• Casual Listener
  •     For some reason on the Chromebook desktop app, I am unable to play any music that's in my library. I can listen to playlists just fine and everything else works, I've tried everything...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution How I Built This with Guy Raz podcast wont play.

PlanPremiumCountryUKOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHow I Built This with Guy Raz podcast wont play for me. Can you please investigate this. Thanks,Tom

• Plan Premium Country UK Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue How I Built This with Guy Raz podcast wont play for me. Can you please investigate this.   Thanks, Tom ...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Friends Feed still giving "Failed to Load"

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlands DeviceAsus ROG LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10Spotify Version1.0.89.313.g34a58dea (just updated) My Question or Issue Title says all. I have had trouble with the friends feed for months at this point. Have had it disabl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands   Device Asus ROG Laptop Operating System Windows 10 Spotify Version 1.0.89.313.g34a58dea (just updated)   My Question or Issue  Title say...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lokale Dateien von Desktop zu Desktop und Sortierung

PlanPremium Operating SystemUbuntu 18.04 und Windows 10 My Question or IssueIch habe mehrere Desktop Clients im Netzwerk und nutze lokale Dateien.Hinbekommen habe ich die lokalen Dateien vom Desktop Client in Linux auf dem iPhone zu speichern. Ist es...

• Plan Premium   Operating System Ubuntu 18.04 und Windows 10   My Question or Issue Ich habe mehrere Desktop Clients im Netzwerk und nutze lokale Dateien. Hinbekommen habe ich die lo...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Albums no longer displayed in alphabetical order

Hi, I've already opened this topic ( https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Albums-no-longer-displayed-in-alphabetical-order/m-p/4570114#M65222 ) but I clicked on "accept as solution" by mistake and I'm unable to undo it. I'm a spotify free...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   I've already opened this topic ( https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Albums-no-longer-displayed-in-alphabetical-order/m-p/4570114#M65222 ) but I clicked on "accept as soluti...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! My "Songs" list won't update.

PlanPremiumCountry NorwayDevice(Computer, iPhone 6)Operating System(iOS 11.4, Windows 10) My Question or Issue My saved songs on my computer won't update. I saved some songs the other day on spotify on my phone and my computer just didn't care. I sav...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Norway Device (Computer, iPhone 6) Operating System (iOS 11.4, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue  My saved songs on my computer won't update. I saved s...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Can i delete all songs from library?

My Question or Issue I have so many songs in my library that I no longer like or listen to, or random songs saved by friends. Is there any way i can do a complete clear out of these songs? Desktop (windows) or iphone 6.

•       My Question or Issue  I have so many songs in my library that I no longer like or listen to, or random songs saved by friends. Is there any way i can do a complete clear...
  • rndbblnn
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify not loading (Windows, on web)

PlanFreeCountry USADeviceLenovo Yoga running Windows 10 When I open Spotify from the web (by typing spotify.com), the page does not load properly (see attachment). Clicking any visible links results in a white screen. The computer I am using has corp...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  USA Device Lenovo Yoga running Windows 10     When I open Spotify from the web (by typing spotify.com), the page does not load properly (see attachment). Cli...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes