Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

WEB PLAYER STUCK

Solved!

WEB PLAYER STUCK

My web player is stuck with the repeat one song control active but I can't hit it or neither of the other controls. Basically I can't use the player anymore.

Capture.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey all!

The most likely reason lies in the Spotify Connect. Please try this:

Locate that computer-like button on the left of Volume slider. Click on it and select 'This web player'. Now you should be able to click on some song/album/playlist and hear it play.

You can try selecting the web player from another device such as mobile Spotify, too.

You can also try this:

1. Log to the web player

2. Click on your user icon at the bottom left

3. Click on the "Full Website" button

4. Click on any proposed album under "Looking for music?"

You may have to hard-refresh (hit ctrl and F5) the web player, and you may have to repeat the last trick a few times. If it still doesn't work, go to your spotify account page and click on 'Sign Out Everywhere', and then try again.

Keep me posted 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @prn! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound cool.

Have you tried to use a different browser or clearing your browser cache/cookies?

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

I have the exact same issue. Clearing cache and such, logging out and back in, and trying in different browsers doesn't work. In all cases, the player is frozen with the repeat button on, exept mine is stuck on an advertisement.

I've tried all of that but nothing works, my account seems frozen.
Marked as solution

Hey all!

The most likely reason lies in the Spotify Connect. Please try this:

Locate that computer-like button on the left of Volume slider. Click on it and select 'This web player'. Now you should be able to click on some song/album/playlist and hear it play.

You can try selecting the web player from another device such as mobile Spotify, too.

You can also try this:

1. Log to the web player

You may have to hard-refresh (hit ctrl and F5) the web player, and you may have to repeat the last trick a few times. If it still doesn't work, go to your spotify account page and click on 'Sign Out Everywhere', and then try again.

Keep me posted 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Selecting the web player from my Spotify mobile app worked to unfreeze it. I then just close the app and continued listening in the browser. The browser player now works fine even if I close it or refresh it. That seemed to do the trick.

The first method didn't work for me, however (selecting to play in this browser from the icon by the volume).

Thanks, man! I had the same problem and this worked for me!

You can also try this:

1. Log to the web player

Suggested posts