Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Spotify keeps freezing up my entire computer

Spotify keeps freezing up my entire computer when I open or close it. A complete lock down, even the cursor wouldn't move. I'm forced to hold down the power button or sometimes a bluescreen would appear and my computer will restart. Nothing else on m...

• Regular
  • Spotify keeps freezing up my entire computer when I open or close it. A complete lock down, even the cursor wouldn't move. I'm forced to hold down the power button or sometimes a bluescreen would app...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Change order of tracks in a playlist

Can't change the order of tracks, by dragging and dropping, in some playlists. Is this a Premium feature? Thanks. DerekLazard

• Can't change the order of tracks, by dragging and dropping, in some playlists.  Is this a Premium feature?   Thanks.   DerekLazard
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Equalizer for the Desktop Version

I have been using (and loving) Spotify since 2015. I have a Premium account. I use my desktop and have the app. Yesterday all was well. Today I received the following message when I tried to open the app " Cannot find 'api-ms-win-core-processthread- ...

• I have been using (and loving) Spotify since 2015. I have a Premium account.  I use my desktop and have the app.  Yesterday all was well.  Today I received the following message when I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Windows] Wrong song being shown

So, this bug has been happening with me for a while.As you can see in the .pgn annexed in this thread,even though I chose a certain song to be played (Holding onto Gravity) the "currently playing" box is just freezed in a random song I listened to pr...

• Regular
  • So, this bug has been happening with me for a while. As you can see in the .pgn annexed in this thread,even though I chose a certain song to be played (Holding onto Gravity) the "currently play...
  • MichelRa
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Wrong song name and artist after ad

After an ad ends, the artist is still "spotify" and the name of the song is the last song played before the ad, even though the songs continue to play one after the other. Whatever the song, song name and artist stays the same. I failed to find any s...

• Casual Listener
  • After an ad ends, the artist is still "spotify" and the name of the song is the last song played before the ad, even though the songs continue to play one after the other. Whatever the song, song nam...
  • MichelRa
  • Music Fan
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify keeps installing!

Every time I start up Spotify, I get the main screen, which shuts off and then it says it's 'installing Spotify'. It only takes tiime and annoys the living daylights out of me! Can this be solved?

• Gig Goer
  • Every time I start up Spotify, I get the main screen, which shuts off and then it says it's 'installing Spotify'. It only takes tiime and annoys the living daylights out of me! Can this be solved?
  • kelvin1950
  • Casual Listener
  • 28 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 28 replies
  • 7 likes

Missing Song Info in Daily Mix

Sometimes song information is missing from my daily mix. A restart and reinstall of spotify have not fixed the issue. Good luck. Cheers.

• Sometimes song information is missing from my daily mix. A restart and reinstall of spotify have not fixed the issue. Good luck. Cheers.
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ad Length Bug

When I was listening to Spotify, one of the ads length bar said a very large amount of time 4271:00. This was not the actual length of the ad (it was a 30 second ad). This is minor and doesn't affect much, but I just thought you should be informed. P...

• When I was listening to Spotify, one of the ads length bar said a very large amount of time 4271:00. This was not the actual length of the ad (it was a 30 second ad). This is minor and doesn't affect...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify spontaneously starts playing

Starting a few months ago if I had Spotify paused in the background of my PC, it would randomly start playing. This was pretty annoying but I learned to just close out of Spotify when I wasn't listening. The other day, however, I got an Amazon Echo a...

• Starting a few months ago if I had Spotify paused in the background of my PC, it would randomly start playing. This was pretty annoying but I learned to just close out of Spotify when I was...
  • justinhca
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Resolved!

Since yesterday, my search is not working, nothing i write appears. On me cell phone or on the site search spotify works normally, any help?

• Since yesterday, my search is not working, nothing i write appears. On me cell phone or on the site search spotify works normally, any help?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

search button

hi everyone, Im premium user and using spotify desktop on windows platform. Search button is not working can't find any song albums etc. How can i fix this problem?

• Casual Listener
  • hi everyone,   Im premium user and using spotify desktop on windows platform. Search button is not working can't find any song albums etc. How can i fix this problem?
  • kidspoint
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I have to re-download my playlist everytime I open Spotify on PC

Hi, I have a problem with my spotify on PC. Because everytime I open the app I have to redownload all the playlist that I have downloaded before. Is this a bug or I have to reinstall my spotify? I am using Windows 8 by the way. I hope there is a solu...

• Hi, I have a problem with my spotify on PC. Because everytime I open the app I have to redownload all the playlist that I have downloaded before. Is this a bug or I have to reinstall my spotify? I am...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spoitfy wont lanuch due to missing dsound.dll

I had problems with my dsound.dll for some reason. every time I started Spotify (and any other program that used dsound.dll) it would come up with an error message saying that "dsound.dll is not designed to run on windows or contains an error" etc., ...

• Casual Listener
  • I had problems with my dsound.dll for some reason. every time I started Spotify (and any other program that used dsound.dll) it would come up with an error message saying that "dsound.dll is not desi...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

"Song Not Downloaded"

Every time I try to sync songs from my pc to iPod touch, it says "Song Not Downloaded: If you own the song, you can sync it from your computer."I do own the song, but it won't allow me to sync it from the computer.I've tried deleting and re-installin...

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I try to sync songs from my pc to iPod touch, it says "Song Not Downloaded: If you own the song, you can sync it from your computer." I do own the song, but it won't allow me to sync it f...
  • kavenieza
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Sharing songs

Dear Spotify,Is it possible to share saved songs as a public playlists with other users?

• Regular
  • Dear Spotify, Is it possible to share saved songs as a public playlists with other users? 
  • kavenieza
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Service is temporarily unavailable, please try again later"

I've been trying to log in for about an hour or two now and all I keep getting is that message. I changed my password, nothing. Not sure what I should do. I'm about to restart my computer to see if that will work. Anyone know what to do or has anyone...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been trying to log in for about an hour or two now and all I keep getting is that message. I changed my password, nothing. Not sure what I should do. I'm about to restart my computer to see if t...
  • davthefish2103
  • 34 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 34 replies
  • 1 likes

Slow download

Hi, i have a galxy j7 and when i download playlists it takes a lot, a playlist of 30 songs takes like 7 hours, my internet is of 50 mb, the last week was good but now no, pls help

• Hi, i have a galxy j7 and when i download playlists it takes a lot, a playlist of 30 songs takes like 7 hours, my internet is of 50 mb, the last week was good but now no, pls help
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error on opening and when trying to uninstall

"Cannot find 'API-MS-WIN-CORE-PROCESSTHREADS-L1-1-2.DLL' Anyoine else expeiencing this? I can't run or even uninstall with out this showing up.

• "Cannot find 'API-MS-WIN-CORE-PROCESSTHREADS-L1-1-2.DLL'   Anyoine else expeiencing this?  I can't run or even uninstall with out this showing up.
  • pfenske
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Installer download not working

I go here to download spotify for Windows, but the file cannot be found on server: https://www.spotify.com/se/download/windows/ Tried different browsers

• Gig Goer
  • I go here to download spotify for Windows, but the file cannot be found on server: https://www.spotify.com/se/download/windows/ Tried different browsers
  • cathykellogg4
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes