Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player without App downloaded

Web Player without App downloaded

Windows 7, Chrome browser, strong private cable internet connection

My Question or Issue

I have not downloaded the App (nor do I want to do so) and am using (or trying to) the web player.  I am having a lot of trouble. 

I do not see a Radio heading in the navigation panel on the left....although I have been directed to it on the Spotify site!

I've tried to remove (or skip through) songs that I do not want to play, and absolutely nothing happens!

I want to find playlists that contain a specific song that is playing, I cannot do so!

I have been directed to right click and Follow a song, or to Follow a playlist or Follow a station...but as far as I can see, there is no Follow option for me anywhere!

Does spotify want to discontinue the web player or what????  Yes, I am frustrated!!!

1 Reply

Hey @incahg

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the web player!
I'll explain:

The web player has been changed. There was Radio in the left-hand panel on the old player, but now there is no separate part for this.
You can still use Radio features by starting radio from any artist, playlist or song:

click the three dots and select 'Start Radio'.

Follow feature is available, but has been renamed to 'Save to Your Library'

About searching for playlists containing a specific song, Spotify doesn't have this kind of feature built in, but fortunately there's a website that allows to search them very easily. It's called Spotify Playlist Finder and it is actually a clever Google search.

About not being able to skip or remove songs - this sounds odd!
Could you try wiping your browser's cookies and cache to see if the issue persists?

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts