Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What's new broken on Desktop

Solved!

What's new broken on Desktop

Hello,

I am writing to report an issue with the Desktop What's New Feed on Spotify. For more than a week now, I have been unable to access the feed on the Desktop app. This is what I see when I try to open it (pic 1). However, the feed works fine on the web player (pic 2) and on my iPhone on ios 16.4.1(a). I have tried reinstalling the app and clearing the cache I even tried to login on another pc, but nothing has worked.

Update: I just tried the Spotify app from the Microsoft Store and the same issue occurs. 

RealAztup_1-1684068247053.png

RealAztup_0-1684068228319.png

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Operating System

Windows 11 Professional Edition Version 22H2 Installed on 01/19/2023 Operating system build 22621.1702 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22641.1000.0

Spotify Version

1.2.10.760.g52970952

Thank you for your attention and support.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello the issue has been fixed on the latest version of Spotify (1.2.12.902.g1924b088)

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Spotify just updated to version Spotify 1.2.11.916.geb595a67 and unfortunately it's still broken.

Hi @RealAztup,

Thanks for reaching out. Under the app settings there should be a toggle whether or not you receive announcements about new releases. Can you please check that toggle and see how the toggle is set? Test it out and see how turning that on and off changes the layout.

Let us know how it goes.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The "new releases" section works fine, but that's not what I'm talking about. According to the Spotify app description, the "what's new" feed should show me the latest releases from the artists, podcasts, and shows that I follow. However, that's not what I see in the "what's new" feed and I just get an error "Something went wrong.
There has been an error while fetching updates.". I already mentioned in my previous response but it works fine on the web version of Spotify but does not work on the Spotify application (Microsoft Store or the regular one as shown below)

RealAztup_0-1684379560002.png

Hey @RealAztup,

Thanks for getting back to us.

As a next step, can you please ask someone else to log in on your device and check if they get the same error message?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator

Yes I tried to login on a Spotify Free account and I couldn't see the "bell" icon on the top right (???) so I can't even test if I get the error message.

Hey @RealAztup,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We've noticed that you're not running the latest version of the Spotify App which might be causing this. We'd recommend that you check for a pending update, install it and try to see if "What's New" section will load. When an update is available, a blue dot appears next to the menu button in the top-right corner of the app.

1. Click on Lyubka_1-1680939342746.png
  2. Select Update Available. Restart Now.

Reinstalling the app also guarantees the latest version of Spotify. You can reinstall it with the steps here and then download the App from this website

Keep in mind that you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts after reinstallation.

In case the issue persists - let us know. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you 🙂 

LyubkaModerator

Hello I am currently running on version 1.2.11.916.geb595a67 and I do not have any new updates availaible so I think I am on the latest version but the what's new feed is still broken for me.

Hey there @RealAztup,

Thanks for the reply.

We've passed on your feedback on this new feature to the right folks at Spotify. Since the "What's New" feed is still in testing for Desktop, it's very likely that it will change and be updated in the upcoming app releases. 

We'd recommend you keep your app updated in order not to miss any development of this feature. Currently we don't have official information on when the feature will be fully operational for Spotify users who're seeing it on their accounts.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Thank you for your reply I always keep my app up to date whenever there is an update availaible. I'll wait for the next update of the app and see if it fixes the issue.

Marked as solution

Hello the issue has been fixed on the latest version of Spotify (1.2.12.902.g1924b088)

I have 1.2.12.902.g1924b088 on Windows 11 and I still have a broken What's New:

j0nsspotify_0-1685482645772.png

I have the same problem, and have had this problem for awhile. Whether it be Spotify on Google Chrome, or the spotify app on pc, I can't do anything.

Suggested posts