When did GAPLESS come in?

When did GAPLESS come in?

Premium

Country

UK

Operating System

(Windows etc.)

My Question or Issue

I have the newest build my Vista machine will take and although Crossfade is there Gapless isn't? So when did Gapless come in?

4 Replies

Hey @DennyEMufc

What version of Spotify do you have on your Vista?

Gapless playback has been around for ages (since 2012 according to Spotify's Facebook post).
Currently there is a toggle switch on mobile for gapless, on desktop it's on by default (there used to be a switch) and the web player does not support it.

Hope this helps 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm not at the Desktop at the moment but it's the last update you can get for XP/ Vista? Theres a nice toggle for Crossfade upto 12 secs but none for Gapless? There is a toggle on my Amazon Fire which I use and that works fabulously! Are you saying it's already on my PC version set as default? 

@DennyEMufc

Gapless has become pretty much an omnipresent feature in the desktop client. There used to be a switch for it (if I remember right, it was on some 0.9 versions), but then the switch disappeared and the feature is now eternally enabled.

Crossfade switch is not going anywhere because some people use it, some don't, and some use it sometimes.  🙂

You can try listening to some albums where songs go into one another. On desktop the transmission is smooth (as it should be), on the web player I hear a brief gap.

Is something not working right for you there? 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm happy with crossfade but I've been toying with that radio mix where the track starts exactly as the previous one ends? So I was interested in the gapless idea, I did try the crossfade off in Desktop but it deffo wasn't seamless?

Suggested posts