Why can't I sort Spotify searches anymore?

Why can't I sort Spotify searches anymore?

bjdprivate

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

(DELL 2018)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Why can't I sort Spotify searches anymore?

My issue is when I search for songs (e.g Blue moon) I am unable to sort that search result by Artist, Title, whatever!! I was able to do this up until about a week ago.

When I started searching for an answer to my issue, I came across a query for exactkly the sane problem Back in 2014

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/When-will-sort-search-results-by-column-heading-be-rest...

So it has happened and been fixed before.

Is anbody able to help me with this issue?

Thanks Heaps

Bruno Doring

18 Replies

Re: Why can't I sort Spotify searches anymore?

4wk_
Regular

Exactly. It's pure nonsense.

Sort feature in track results is not working in build 1.0.92.390.g2ce5ec7d

Please bring this basic feature back guys ...

Premium user since 2011.

neilmacernie
Casual Listener

I am having the same problem and I hate it! I also hate that when I click on the album search results I get album covers that I cannot sort either.

I was searching for "Smells Like Teen Spirit". There are 90 pages of results for this song by many, many, many different artists. Not fun without a sort option when you you are not sure who sings the cover you like.

I don't understand why people update software to make it less functional.

I am using 1.0.92.390.g2ce5ec7d

Claes444
Casual Listener
I was there the last time... Now I find myself once more doing what I did the last time they fuddled (I'm a Windows user): Create a new, empty, playlist. Search as usual. Select at least one song. Press Ctrl-A and drag it all into your new, empty playlist. Go there. Sort! You've got almost the same functionality, only the Thumbs-up column isn't there.

neilmacernie
Casual Listener

Great suggestion. One thing is I had to "page down" to the bottom of the list before using Ctrl + A to capture all the songs on the list. Thanks! :)

tricky2k

Same issue here

The thing with workarounds is... why should I use a workaround when I didn't have to with the perfectly fine previous version?

4wk_
Regular

And to be honest, I often like to sort a huge page of results by the thumbs-up column :\ 

So that workaround is not enough for me :(

JasonC1782
Regular

I have exactly the same problem.

It all seemed to stem from another problem caused by an update whereby if you sorted a master list and clicked on a song to play, it played a song in a different position on the list.

Rather than fix that particular problem or reverse what they did to cause it, they've decided to take the sort away completely so that the problem is "dealt with" by default.

Frostman233
Regular

Also driving me crazy. Premium User as well and it seems like the sort function, sorting results from a search, stopped working in the last week or two...

junnnu

Same problem here, sorting stopped working in searches.

Premium user since forever.. But if not fixed, will find a better program to pay for.

SUGGESTED POSTS