The link explains how to delete your AppData:
"For Mac Users:
1. If you do not have hidden files set to display by default: in Finder, press the Alt/Option key to access the Library folder under the Go menu. If you do have hidden files accessible: in Finder, just go to the Library folder in your user directory.
2. Go the Caches folder and look for the com.spotify.client folder.
3. Delete everything inside the Storage, Data and Browser folders, but not the folders themselves. You can select all of the items by pressing Command + A.
For Windows Users:
1. Paste C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Spotify\ into the directory bar of Windows Explorer.
2. Delete everything inside the Storage, Data and Browser folders, but not the folders themselves. You can select all of the items by pressing Control + A."
If it wasn't already obvious, close Spotify before you try this. I learned the hard way, and my computer had a little panic.
I didn't restart my machine after doing this, just started Spotify again, and it seemed to load a LOT quicker, and opened links on Spotify it would ususally take either ages to load, or not load at all.
Hopefully this helps!
EDIT: I just found another way to drastically improve the speed of the Desktop app that just helped my app too. MrCircuit take note, this may help you also!
Go into your settings in Spotify Desktop app, and try unlinking Local Files - 'SHOW SONGS FROM' - iTunes, Downloads, Media player, Music Library. This stops Spotify from trying to sync to your computer, which instantly improved the loading whenever I searched for anything on the Desktop app. Hope this helps you guys further!
It kills me that this is listed as a solution. Because while it does help for a little bit, Spotify goes right back to being slow soon after. This is a workaround, not a solution. It's pretty amazing all these topics have been around for so long without even so much as a peep from a Spotify developer.
I really want to like Spotify. But I've since moved on to another service because I don't want to give them my $10/month or contribute to their ad revenue in any way until this is addressed. But seeing as how it hasn't even improved a bit, I'm not hopeful.
Also, you know what's a good music streaming app? Literally every other one I've tried. Okay, iTunes is iTunes, but that's been garbage since it came out.
HELLO FROM THE FUTURE ! ... 2016 to be exact and yes Spotify is still slow to load !
I use a up to date fast cell phone, a reliable fast 4G connection and also a fibre home line to connect, but still whenever I need to use Spotify it is slow to load playlists, suggestions, searches and even when downloading !
I have put up with this for so long, well not anymore ! it is really embarrassing that in 2016 I can't have fast access to music... I hate having to wait for things to load - and I want to confirm this is NOT MY FAULT, it is the service.
I have a theory that is it because I have the 50% off student account ( NUS discount ) , and it seems we are not important enough to Spotify.
Useless and very very rude Spotify ! ... bye !
....oh also, I did erase my cache of songs and downloads, reinstalled spotify and downloaded and still I have this problem.
spotify playlists slow to load, slow to load, spotify slow, spotify app slow to load, slow to start