Why is my spotify often so slow?

Solved!
Solution!

Re: Why is my spotify often so slow?

filistiny

I tried all the solutions listed and none of those worked for me.  What worked in my situation was turning off the hardware acceleration option in Spotify.

Edit > Preferences > Scroll to bottom, Show Advananced Settings > Scroll to bottom, uncheck Enable Hardware Acceleration

View solution in original post

imacattack
Roadie

Did this. Now views for some popular artists appear as <1000 when they shouldn't. Not sure if this caused it or not. I might try uninstalling and reinstalling the app I guess, unless someone else had a fix for this problem?

Highlighted

oddopolis

Yeah, none of those tips work. Horrible desktop experience

rhodespdx

I tried this tip for Mac and it seemed to work - restarted the desktop app and everyting promptly loaded. Hopefully it continues to work! I bookedmarked this page just-in-case:) Thanks!

ikarvs

Hey! Do we have any update from the Spotify team on this topic?

Netflix, Youtube, iTunes downloads... all of these services works fast on my iMac. It's not a network problem, my desktop Spotify client has been launched from about 5 minutes now and still hasn't been able to load the 'artists' tab since then... this is beyond annoying! gosh...!

murQla
Casual Listener

Spotify desktop app is just a big joke...horrible user experience compared to Tidal etc...

It could take 15 minutes or longer before i can even search anything, usually i just leave spotify running and start doing something else and then go back if there's any activity on app, usually not. And all these solutions suggested here, DOES NOT WORK!

Using Mac version.

JackSparrow
Regular

I am really frustrated. I use about 13000 local files. In earlier versions when the indexing was done (which often crashes the app and makes a restart necessary) Spotify started quickly (SSD based system) and was usable.

Now with the most recent version of the Windows client (1.0.52.725.g943b26a8) the app takes 20-30 secs to start and isn't as responsive as it was before.

Delete the app > after that it works BEFORE I added the local folder again. As soon as the local music folder is added, even when indexing is completely finished - the app is just sloooow. :(

EDIT: Turning hw acceleration on or off doesn't help here.

dr10071

This whole spotify performance issue has turned into a huge inconvenience. Spotify has, at worst, become unusuable, and at best....a pain in the rear.  It takes way too long to load on my phone - sometimes doesn't load at all. I'm only able to successfuly search for new music 50% of the time at best. The other 50% of the time I'm watching a spinning wheel that never stops. And it's not a hardware issue or mobile connectivity issue. I have tested all those items. My computer basically grinds to a halt when Spotify is running. Again - not a hardware or connectivity issue.  I moved from Rdio to Spotify when Spotify acquired them. I was initially pleased. Now - a couple of years later - I guess I have to look for another streaming service. Boooo!

tetsuohiryu
Gig Goer

Same here. Too slow !  

capillaries
Regular

clearing the cache did wonders for my spotify desktop app, it's not at all as slow anymore. 

SUGGESTED POSTS