Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Window Pane Sizing: Friend Activity pane missing with 175% Scaling

Solved!

Window Pane Sizing: Friend Activity pane missing with 175% Scaling

Plan

Premium

Device

1920x1080 Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10 (tested with Sizer 4.0)

My Question or Issue

With a resolution of 1920x1080 and 175% scaling, the Friend Activity pane does not display. Compromise by adjusting to 150% scaling.

According to - https://support.spotify.com/is/using_spotify/features/friend-feed/ - "Note: Your Spotify desktop window needs to be at least 1190 pixels wide for the friend feed to show."

For a 1080p resolution scaled as mentioned, this results in a scaled resolution of 1097 x 617, just under 100px away from this arbitrary cutoff.

The justification for this does not make sense, as it appears that the left, center, and right panes are able to be adjusted to all be close in size OR relatively small.

• The left pane can be as small as 120px, the center pane can be as small as 433px, while the right pane can be as wide as 400px or as narrow as 240px (calculations may not be pixel perfect 😉
  • So, if all panes were allowed to be displayed simultaneously at their smallest pixel width, we'd have 120px / 433px / 240px for a total resolution of size of 793px.

Dear Spotify UI/UX Developers, I love you, but I need your help. Can we tweak this pretty please?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Top Left "..." Options - View - Zoom Out = Problem Solved!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Top Left "..." Options - View - Zoom Out = Problem Solved!

you are my fcking HERO i love you so much

Suggested posts