Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Window crashes

Window crashes

My spotify app makes windows crashes every time video content appears from musician.

5 Replies

Hi @kaxman,

Thank you for posting in the Community. 

If you're having troubles with your desktop app, we suggest you run a clean reinstall, as this one is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

Make sure to download it again from the Microsoft Store.

If the issue persists, please share with us some screenshots showing what you see when the app crashes. This way we can take a better look at it.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,
Thanks for the advice. I have followed you instruction and still the computer crashes.
I cannot take a screen shoot because the screen is getting black. The music stops but I can hear the artist talking about the song I just listen at, saying things about how grateful the artist about that I am listening to the music. I believe it also runs a video at the same time. I am guessing that it is the video causing the problem and make my screen black. I can manage to get windows to work again by hit control+alt+del and close Spotify and the screen turns on again. I can start Spotify again and it runs for a while until next crash.

Hi @kaxman,

Thank you for keeping in touch. 

In order to better investigate this, please share with us the OS version you're running, as well as your Spotify app version.

Lastly, let us know what are the sections where these videos are coming up. If they appear in certain playlists or somewhere else, if you could send us the URL to some of that content, that would be helpful.

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Might also be a graphics issue, make sure all your drivers are up to date (Chipset, graphics, mobo, etc)

Suggested posts