Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows 10, Bluetooth headset PLAY/PAUSE button not working

Solved!

Windows 10, Bluetooth headset PLAY/PAUSE button not working

Hi,

I've seen similar thread, but it's Mac.
I'm on Windows 10 PC, Spotify v1.0.19.106.gb8a7150f.

My Bluetooth headset's Play/Pause button doesn't work with Spotify even when on-focus. Prev/Next button works fine.
Everything works well with Windows Media Player.

Tried 2 different Bluetooth headset, same issue.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

We have a fix coming up in 1.0.35 that I think will resolve this issue. 1.0.35 is expected to go out in 2-3 weeks.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I just updated to Spotify v1.0.36.124.g1cba1920 and now this seems fixed!

But there seems to have been some issue with the automatic update of Spotify. I was stuck on v1.0.34, where the "About Spotify" window did not show any update available. Then I downloaded and reinstalled from spotify.com. Then v1.0.34 was installed again, but now it found an update when checking in the "About Spotify" window... That automatic update brought me to v1.0.36 and problem solved!

Finally!

Thanks

View solution in original post

56 Replies

Hello,

I have the exact same problem. I am under Windows 10 and Spotify version is 1.0.20.101.ge6957e14. The play/pause button on my Bluetooth headset is not working.

Any help?

Thanks

Same problem here. It's worth noting that my headset buttons are working with Foobar2000, VLC, etc. 

My keyboard shortcuts (logitech K740) are working.

It seems spotify is just not registering the bluetooth buttons input.

Edit : It may be important, or not, but the next/previous buttons are indeed working. The play/pause button is not.

My headset is a Plantronics BackBeat Pro. It has also a movement sensor (NFC) which detects if I put the headset down, and then pause/play : same has the physical button, it does not work.

This it 100% software related.

The same behavior for me 😞

Hey there@kuki_86

Does it also happen when playing music from other music app? 

Only with Windows client of Spotify

In my case, nope. VLC, Foobar and other apps register correctly bluetooth play/plause inputs.

Note that Next/Previous inputs are correctly registered by Spotify, only the play/pause button is broken.

This on 2 PC (my laptop and my desktop).

@kuki_86 @RDeluxe

Hey guys, could you please try the following steps to reinstall Spotify? But first, unpair your device from blueotooth receiver. and then restart your devices.

1. Uninstall Spotify.
  2. Unpair device (phone, tablet, etc.) from bluetooth receiver (headphones, speakers, etc.).
  3. Reboot PC/device.
  4. Pair it again with your bluetooth receiver.
  5. Reinstall Spotify.

Hope this helps!

Done @Mary_Jay. Issue remains 😞

Hey there @kuki_86

Aplogies for the delayed response.

Hmmm, does it happen after a recent update of the app? If so, Im thinking the newer version is conflicting with unsupported hardware. 

Right now Spotify does not officially support the use with bluetooth. It is however known that the app will still work on it and normally a clean reinstall of the app helps resolves issues with play/pause. But I cant guarantee a resolution to your issue, it might be just down to incompatibility.

same issue with plantronics bbp, still not solved?

Exactly the same thing here. Windows 10 (upto and including the latest insider preview build). Symptoms using latest Spotify client:

- Back/fwd buttons on BT headset work with Spotify

- Play/pause button DOES NOT work with Spotify

- Play/pause button works in other Windows software e.g. VLC, Foobar2000

Tested with Sennheiser MM 500-X and LG HBS-730 - both behave the same.

I'm also having the very same behavior with Spotify on Windows 10 desktop with a Plantronics Voyager Focus UC.

Spotify v1.0.28.87.g8f9312a4

Same Issue Here

Spotify Client 1.0.31.56.g526cfefe

Headset: CSL-27950

Same issue with controlling play/pause, volume and next/previous song. Using Marshall Major II Bluetooth headphones. Windows registers the commands and works with VLC and Windows 10 music app.

Win10
BT Philips

Spotify (1.0.32.96.g3c8a06e6).

Not one command works with Spotify.

BT Philips works fine with other players on Win10, inclusive Google Play. Also on cell phones, tablets, car multimedia, etc.

Same here

Windows 10

Spotify 1.0.32.96.g3c8a06e6

Bludio T3 headset

After a long email conversation with spotify support. The answer I got was:

"As for now, we don't fully support the bluetooth use, causing for you to have the issue. We suggest that you use Spotify Connect, you can read more about it through this link.

You'll be able to play music on your other devices using another device as a remote to control the music you're playing.

We're always looking to improve Spotify in any way we can. We can’t say now if or when any specific release will be out, but as soon as we've got something to announce, we'll let everyone know on the Spotify blog."

Not what I was hoping for!
Marked as solution

We have a fix coming up in 1.0.35 that I think will resolve this issue. 1.0.35 is expected to go out in 2-3 weeks.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

@tensh: 2-3 week is 1-2 weeks ago. Any update on the update?

Suggested posts