Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows 10, Bluetooth headset PLAY/PAUSE button not working

Solved!

Windows 10, Bluetooth headset PLAY/PAUSE button not working

Hi,

I've seen similar thread, but it's Mac.
I'm on Windows 10 PC, Spotify v1.0.19.106.gb8a7150f.

My Bluetooth headset's Play/Pause button doesn't work with Spotify even when on-focus. Prev/Next button works fine.
Everything works well with Windows Media Player.

Tried 2 different Bluetooth headset, same issue.

56 Replies
Marked as solution

I just updated to Spotify v1.0.36.124.g1cba1920 and now this seems fixed!

But there seems to have been some issue with the automatic update of Spotify. I was stuck on v1.0.34, where the "About Spotify" window did not show any update available. Then I downloaded and reinstalled from spotify.com. Then v1.0.34 was installed again, but now it found an update when checking in the "About Spotify" window... That automatic update brought me to v1.0.36 and problem solved!

Finally!

Thanks

Hi, When is  1.0.35 out as I am trying to use my bose headphones with version 1.034x an the multifunction button also isnt' working to pause on the desktop app on Windows, only go back or forwards. Works fine on spotify on my iphone though.

Thanks

Adam

@Adam,

There seems to be some issues with Spotify's update servers. Some can update, some cannot.

I've successfully updated a few computers to v1.0.36 (with this issue solved!), but for some users there are no newer version found than v1.0.34.

When I download from spotify.com, I got v1.0.34. But I finally found an update to v1.0.36 in the "About Spotify" from the help menu.

So keep looking for an update, it seems to be there somewhere. 🙂

Hi, thanks for the help. I've tried to find v1.0.36 but can't. Can you send a link to the page you found it on please or how I get to it?

It's really frustrating I can't use the pause button on my new headphones.

thanks

Adam 

Hey,

Sorry for the delay. 1.0.35 was unfortunately cancelled, but as some of you have discovered, 1.0.36 is currently being rolled out and I hope this release will have resolved the issues you guys have been seeing. It should be available to everyone starting tomorrow.

Cheers,

Joakim

It is fixed! Finally. I've started to loss hope of this day woulde come 😉

It is not fixed for me and I'm using Spotify 1.0.36.124.g1cba1920.  I'm on Windows 7 however.

Yay it works! at least it does for me on Windows 8.1 with Bose 35 Bluetooth Headphones. Thanks!

Adam

My spotify finally updated to the 1.0.36.124.g1cba1920 version, but I still intermittently have the same bluetooth button issues, and now the whole program will have episodes where it's "not responding" and I have to manually end the task in the task manager.

Mine was working for a while after updating to 1.0.36.124.g1cba1920 but now it is not working any longer. I am running a Win 10 machine and using a pair of Plantronic Voyager Focus UC's. It was working fine since the update but today it stopped. 

I'm using Version 1.0.48.103 on Windows 10 with Bose QC35 Headphone and it doesn't work neither. Any update on this?

Same here,

I use the Bose SoundSport wireless and spotify version 1.0.49.125.g72ee7853

Prev/Next Buttons works fine, but Play/Pause Button not.

Spotify pause the song, but it is not possible to play/continue in the next 20 seconds. Yep, thats a bit strange. When I pause spotify with the headphone button, i have to wait exactly 20 seconds and then the button works and music continue.

Everything works well with Windows Media Player. And tested with 2 headphones, same issue.

Any help?

Exatly the same behavior for me with Bose QC35 and Spotify 1.0.51.693.g6ea1e7f6. I have to wait exactly 20 seconds after pausing a song. Back/Forward works without waiting

Still an issue on Windows 10 on Spotify build 1.0.53.758.gde3fc4b2 using B&OPlay H9 headphones.

Can pause, but cannot resume (not even when in the app is in focus). Next/Prev works fine. Play/Resume button on keyboard work as well.

Is any work being done on this issue? Just an acknowlidgement would be nice.

Exactly the same for me, Got the Bose QC35's and I have to wait 20 seconds to be able to resume the song again using the button. Any resolution for this?

Same issue here with 1.0.57.474.gca9c9538 and latest frimware of QC35.

PAUSE, NEXT and PREVIOUS is ok, but PLAY doesn't work before 20 sec (I did not measure it exactly).

Same problem with Sony MDR-1000X and Spotify 1.0.58.573: next/prev working, pause working and play works only after ~20 sec.
Similar problem with VLC (play after pause not possible at all), no problems with Groove Music.

Same problem with Skullcandy crusher wireless. I can pause without problems but not resume. It still doesn't work even if I wait 20 seconds. 

Installed just moments ago latest Spotify for Windows 10, version 1.0.60.492.gbb40dab8, still same problem, after about 20ish seconds you can resume playing. Paired with Sony MDR 1000x.

Spotify devs, this is basic functionality for a bluetooth headset that is supposed to work, can you help us out, paying Premium here...

Thanks!

Version 1.0.63.617.g5aca9a2a 

Bose QC35

Play button still not working 😕

Suggested posts