Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows 10 - Left corner song banner (pause,stop) - FIX IT

Solved!

Windows 10 - Left corner song banner (pause,stop) - FIX IT

Hi Spotify Team, please fix this problem from last update of Spotify 1.0.41.375

In left corner in Windows 10 i see everytime if i change volume this poisonous banner of song.

Please Fix it, or add in Spotify settings - selection fro off this.

Thanks

0111.JPG
128 Replies

Poeple who think it's a great idea to implement new stupid features like this should loose their jobs. Obviously, they are not suited for it. This is the straw that broke the camels back and I will have to look for other alternatives.

My solution:

First --> Disable Auto Update

Second --> Install older version, previous to 1.0.41 update with annoying banner in left upper corner.

Instructions (modified from 2014 post --> /769659)

1. Close Spotify

2. Go to %appdata%\spotify

3. Delete Spotify_new.exe if existing.

4. Create a empty text document, rename it to Spotify_new.exe (if you don't see .txt etc. activate file extension's first).

5. Right click on the Spotify_new.exe and go to the properties, set the attribute Read-only.

6. Download old Spotify 1.0.39.157.g674ae377

7. Install it (it will ask to reeplace --> click YES)

8. Have fun.

Please Spotify, make an option that allows you to turn on and off the display of this information, it's embarrassing when we need to increase or decrease the volume on desktop office.

And set the default to OFF. 😃

I agree. Spotify - please provide an option to disable this. It occupies a large portion of a very important part of the screen for an innapropriate amount of time, especially when at work. Listening to music is important to me while I work, but work is more important to me while I work. If I have to choose between Spotify and work, I will gladly end my Premium subscription and switch to a more discreet streaming service. Which is unfortunate, because I love spotify. Thanks. 

I'm all for new features, but to implement this as something not optional is quite odd.
For someone who uses his volume buttons a lot it's quite bothersome. I can't see a part of my document and it takes longer to disappear than usual.

Please address this asap.

I agree, temporarily rollingback to an older version. If this is not removed I definitely will not keep using Spotify Premium.

This is **bleep**ing really annoying. Was there no beta testing done at all? Did no one think "someone might not like this"?

Come on.

I'm here to ask the same: Please, fix this problem. It's extremely annoying having to wait some seconds for the banner disappear.

Thankfully!

This is awful.  Please fix it, or at least remove it until it isn't awful.  I like the idea but the execution is horrific, as it stands it dystroys the useability of some software because I have to wait for it to disppear to click on anything underneath it.

Possible fixes in no paticular order

1. Reduce the size, it's huge.  Track navigation and play/puase is rather useless since most keyboards have buttons for this.

2. Reduce the time it stays on screen.  I could read the enitrey of the bible in the time it takes to disappear.

3. Prevent mouse roll overs from resetting the time it takes to disppear.  As said before most people can change their media from their keyboard.  Unecessary to do it with a mouse.

4. Have an option to just disable it completely.  I would MUCH MUCH MUCH rather have it without than with.

After doing some searching I found a better solution than downgrading to an older version, as long as you don't mind hiding the volume slider in the top left as well.

A small program called HideVolumeOSD will hide both the volume slider and the obnoxious now playing popup. Not sure what the rules for linking are since I only made a forum account for this issue but it is the first result when you google search the name. Hope this helps anyone as frustrated with the change as I am. This still is not a great long term solution and I hope the Spotify team allows you to disable the pop up soon.

Personally I like the pop-up, only wish I could manually pick its position and choose wether it should be on top of things or not...

But what I see here is the typical Spotify, somehow they once more "forgot" to add a simple toggle for it. Just an on/off switch guys, c'mon! Why are you consistently trying to **bleep** off users that have their stuff configured like they want it? People have to go around hacking and tweaking just to remove a darn pop-up, in 2016, amazing....

I don't really want to install another program to stop this popup.

+1 for an on / off toggle.

Hey folks,

Thank you all for your feedback on this new feature. I recognise that some of you like it and for some of you, it's super annoying. Completely understand and I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I first want to clarify that this is a native Windows feature, we have no control over how long it stays on the screen, how big it is, etc. We can however, determine whether or not it shows at all.

So here's what we're going to do. The next update you'll get (1.0.42 - rolling out in approx 1-2 weeks) will have an option to turn this off completely in your preferences. We're also passing on this feedback to Microsoft in the hope that they can give you, the customer, more control of how this feature is displayed. Stay tuned on that.

// Brendan from the Desktop team

Brendan - Desktop Team

Thanks Brendan,

While the size, positioing etc may be Windows 10 native it is Spotify who rolled this without the option to turn it off, not even through a config file. Which from a design standpoint is just poor, there are plenty of native windows features that programs don't forcibly turn on with no off switch.

Looking forward to the update and i'll have to fall back to an older version until then.

Yeah that's fair enough. I take responsibility for it and hope our next fix makes things better.

Brendan - Desktop Team

Thank you Brendan! 

Personally, I don't see how this is Microsoft's problem when Spotify didn't
even bother to put a toggle in the first place. If Spotify already knows
that this is already built in to Windows, you should have done a more
thorough research and at least give users the OPTION to turn it off.

Please remove this stupid banner ASAP. Annoying in all possible ways, don't undertsand how people think..... 

I appreciate that someone from the Spotify team finally ended up replying to this. The fact that it's not going to be resolved for an "estimated" 1-2 weeks though is pretty awful. I understand that this feature impacts people differently depending on their daily use, but for me it renders Spotify completely unusable on desktop. I guess this just means that I'm going to have to cancel my premium subscription and see if I "remember" to subscribe once the simple toggle feature has been added (spoiler: I won't). This ridiculousness has already taken far too much of my time and energy. Thanks anyways.

This is literally aids. Also, the photo function on the forum is also aids. So is finding the "reply" to topic button on the forum (without replying to a specific person). gg report

mk4IJYT

Suggested posts