Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows 10 - Left corner song banner (pause,stop) - FIX IT

Solved!

Windows 10 - Left corner song banner (pause,stop) - FIX IT

Hi Spotify Team, please fix this problem from last update of Spotify 1.0.41.375

In left corner in Windows 10 i see everytime if i change volume this poisonous banner of song.

Please Fix it, or add in Spotify settings - selection fro off this.

Thanks

0111.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Everyone,

I can assure you that we are not ignoring the issue. It has now been just over 1 week and we have started rolling out yesterday to a small percentage of users.

The update should be reaching you over the coming days towards the end of the week, dependant on our rollout schedule and where your account is in that schedule. We stagger the roll out for quality purposes as there are many kinds of (Windows) machines that we are unable to test on (simply due to the sheer volume of device configurations / permutations) and we want to ensure that we don't miss any crashes.

To get the update once it is ready, simply restart the application. You can check if an update is ready by going to "About Spotify" in the top navigation. You'll know you have the latest update if the version becomes 1.0.42.

If by some chance you now have 1.0.42 and this new option to disable the desktop overlay doesn't show up on (or doesn't work), please let us know in this thread and we'll investigate.

I've attached an image of what the setting looks like in your Spotify preferences. Again, we're sorry for the inconvenience that we have caused you and we literally can't get this fix out the door any faster without jeopardizing the quality of the client.

Brendan - Desktop Team

View solution in original post

Capture.PNG
Marked as solution

First they cant change that. because this is not a spotify feuture its a Windows 10 feuture. If u have a option say it to Windows 10 dev team(Start>*write:Feedback Hub>Start Feedback App). And you can change countdown for media panel from (Start>Settings>Ease Of Access>Other options>Change "Show noticafications for" setting) 

Marked as solution

Hi rjaygrant12, I had the exact same issue on my settings and the reason behind this was not updating windows for a while - in my case -. After an successful windows update to "creators update" the option came up and works like a charm. 

Hope this helps. 

128 Replies

I'm also getting super annoyed by this today, but rather than being in the corner it's RIGHT IN THE CENTER OF MY MAIN DISPLAY and I can't figure out how to disable it.

Only started getting this today 😞 it wouldn't be so annoying if it didn't linger around for 10-15 seconds lol. Stops me from doing stuff because I can't click behind it.

I hate this new **bleep**ing banner -.- why u doing this Spotify? without option to PUT OFF this **bleep**.

Spotify, please remove this.

It is a fine idea, in theory, but we need the option of turning it off, changing how long the banner displays, location, etc. Until you can add these features, please remove this banner.

I also don't like this feature. If I'm at work or school and I have to pause my music because somebody over-my-shoulder wants to talk to me, it's a bit embarrising for a large pop-up displaying the song I'm listening to (with album art!) to stay on my screen for 10 seconds.

PLEASE add an option to remove this. It comes up even during a game and blocks a quarter of the fricking screen off

my first time here, i'm just come for saying that:

"this banner is a cancer"

Please add an option for remove this

Only when the Spotify App is not the focus, I can see the merit as an option but this is happening right over the top off my work area totally breaking the flow.

Need to be able to disable it asap and define location/monitor.

This is definitely a pain in the **bleep**, while I appreciate the convenience this provides, it's superbly annoying as to how this is hindering me from doing what I'm originally doing, please remove this feature or at least have an option programmed in the settings to disable the popup - this is worse than having ads, please fix this ASAP else you start using premium users.

Agreed. If no option is available to disable soon, my wife and I are both going to cancel our Spotify premium and cease using the program. What a joke this addition was.

YES, PLEASE MAKE IT POSSIBLE TO DEACTIVATE THIS SUPER ANNOYING **bleep**!  

I did however fixed the problem temporarily by uninstalling and download an older version of spotify from here: http://www.filehorse.com/download-spotify/

BE ADVISED: THIS IS NOT A PROPER SOLUTION, ONLY THE SPOTIFY TEAM CAN FIX THE PROBLEM, MAKE IT HAPPEN NOW! 

yes this update that pops up the darn banner is dreadful. the update also changed all of my saved albums to only play 2-4 songs instead of the entire album like it used to. now i have to click several times to go find the entire album to play. and do these each time. used to be one simple click to go to next album when one was done. now i have to jump through hoops.

whoever concocted these features did not thoroughly think through how it would affect users. just a dreadful update.

This is not worth paying a subscription fee for anymore...

Quote from Jurassic Park:

John Hammond: I don't think you're giving us our due credit. Our scientists (substitute programmers) have done things which nobody's ever done before...
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, yeah, but your scientists (substitute programmers) were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should.

2 of my coworkers at the office just unsubscribed and uninstalled spotify.

we are all drafting at the office and clicking and mousing around the screen and we wear earbuds so we don't bother folks with music. well we all just had the darn banner pop up and it so easily allows to instanteously jack the volume to 100% before you realise and your rupture an ear drum from the volume. we all have our computer volumes down at 6-10% and the clicking immediately pops it up to full 100%. Right in the middle of the screen. idiot programmers...

bravo to the idiot programmers who thought up this porta-potty of an upgrade and to management for implemented it.

being given the proverbial middle finger by programmers is how a company can quickly loose money and go belly up.

it's a problem? yes. fix it! 

I also think this is very annoying.

Another thing: EVEN WHEN SPOTIFY IS PAUSED this pannel is shown. Even if you are listening to music on YouTube and Spotify is silent, it will show. Please, make it possible to turn off this feature, and when it is on, it must not show while Spotify is silent.

I just realized now: EVEN WHEN SPOTIFY IS MAXIMIZED This also show! Please Fix This!

FUUUUUUUUCK YOU SPOTIFY. What the flying **bleep** is this **bleep**???

Unsubscribed and uninstalled. **bleep** that **bleep**, I'm going back to FREE standalone programs.

Spotify, please allow users to disable this banner preference it is extremely annoying, thank  you. 

Is there definitely no fix for this? I will bear it for a while, if this is not changed in a month or so I will make the swap to Apple Music I have been considering. Currently, it's only having to reform all my playlists that's stopping me.

Spotify, remove this banner, or at least give us the option. Most of us know what we're listening to and don't need to be reminded when we touch the controls. 

I don't understand how any reasonable developer could ever think it's acceptable to hijack a user's screen when using other applications. I'm also surpised that Windows would allow bullsh1t like this in the first place.

Suggested posts